• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Barrow AFC Match Day Thread

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know it sounds bad but it’s just my opinion I just don’t think he is good enough
Squad player at best for me
Fair enough, each to their own. But really, this is a wind up, right?

I know it sounds bad but it’s just my opinion I just don’t think he is good enough
Squad player at best for me
This gets the prize from me as the 'post of the season'. Incredible!

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
This gets the prize from me as the most bizarre 'post of the season'. Incredible!
Amended

Rosencrantz

I don’t get the stick Caprice gets. He’s always brave, Quick and haven’t seen many howlers. I don’t think it would be easy to find a better back up Right back.

Other than that I’m happy with the clearance. I love Bowman but we need more quality.
Caprice is a decent right back at this level although I wish he would drop that chop back inside he does which invariably takes him into traffic. Key has just grabbed his opportunity though at right back. You do need two right backs in the squad though and there are more important positions to look at.

Williams and Bowman might go but I doubt it's because they are released or not good enough and they certainly won't be scrambling around for a club lower than us. Bowman is certainly good enough, but we need other options as well at CF.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bowman is certainly good enough
His record / performances in 2021 haven't been.

tonykellowfan

The failings this season have not been up top. Jay and Bowman can only work with what they get from the rest of the team.

Alistair20000

The failings this season have not been up top. Jay and Bowman can only work with what they get from the rest of the team.
We missed Law

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
So who are you pointing the finger at ?

Grecianpasty

A disappointing end to the season, but with a lot to look forward to.

This team will have an actual pre season break for the first time in years.

We have front line that scored a combined 32 goals this season.

A squad of young players who have been bedded into league Two football. Page, Hartidge, Key, Collins, Sparkes, Randall, Jay.

Expectations will rightly be high for next year with the right recruitment.

UTC

tonykellowfan

So who are you pointing the finger at ?
Lack of depth mainly. No backup for Jay and Bowman. Nothing off the bench. No alternative to Taylor and Collins in CM.