• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Barrow AFC Match Day Thread

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think Collins and Sparkes are standard L2 midfielders but you can argue that neither have improved this year. Collins, in fairness to him has played pretty much every game, and although he's not been brilliant he's a steady 6 or 7 out of 10 player pretty much every week. Sparkes, considering he was supposed to be our next big thing, has flattered to deceive. I'm sure he's getting slower as he gets older. It's like he's got lead weights in his boots.
Snoop. My post 458 is almost a carbon copy of yours re Sparkes. Coincidence /great minds etc.

grecIAN Harris

Snoop. My post 458 is almost a carbon copy of yours re Sparkes. Coincidence /great minds etc.
Great minds think a like.............. but so do fools.

Red Devon

After a bright start I thought we lost our way in first half injury time and were lucky to go into the break in front...second half very unconvincing which summed us up perfectly since the New Year...Willmott had his best game by far but hopefully we won’t seeing him in a City shirt again...Hartridge did well up against the dangerous Quigley and Williams gave the Barrow back line plenty to think about...Jökull also up to his normal high standards.....Hopefully Bowman, Atangana and Caprice will now move on as not good enough....here’s to 21/22 and a new start!

IndoMike

Great minds think a like.............. but so do fools.
You would know...😉

dontpassback

If caprice had stayed at tranmere he would be in the playoffs!

grecIAN Harris

You would know...
I've never managed to think alike with either you or The Chimp.😜

raleighnc

If caprice had stayed at tranmere he would be in the playoffs!
If Caprice had stayed at Tranmere, Tranmere wouldn’t be in the play offs

C j phill

Matt Taylor's post match interview contains a couple of interesting comments. J paraphrase. Firstly, he stated there wouldn't be largescale changes to the squad, because of budget limits tor next season and went on to say that the squad would be supplemented by quality players coming in. My interpretation of this is that we shouldn't expect a large release of players from this season's squad.

He also,spoke about the disappointment of Matt Jay receiving his award , after the match, in front of a small crowd of people, and hoped that the recognition might be given next season, in front of a "normal size" crowd, if MJ is still with us. I guess Matt Taylor's expecting bids for MJ in the close season, which may mean the loss of our leading goalscorer from this season.

IndoMike

Yes. You do tend to disagree with virtually every comment I make. I do think Proper and I have very different opinions and characters though, which is good news for him and good news for me 😉
Anyway, hopefully my words of wisdom and footballing knowledge will finally strike a chord.. 👍

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Greasy, most weeks you don't even know who we are playing against !