• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City on this day

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
8 years ago today we drew 4-4 with Sheffield United. 2-0 up, 3-2 down! How Scott Golbourne didn't get sent off. I can't find any video highlights.

Last edited:

Andy_H

8 years ago today we drew 4-4 with Sheffield United. 2-0 up, 3-2 down! How Scott Golbourne didn't get set off. I can't find any video highlights.

What like those flares on Saturday?

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
8 years ago today we drew 4-4 with Sheffield United. 2-0 up, 3-2 down! How Scott Golbourne didn't get sent off. I can't find any video highlights.

Red Devon

Was a truly brilliant day...it had everything that match in the way it swung from on team to the other and for us to snatch that last gasp equaliser was amazing...it really was a classic away day in every way...great place to watch a football match Bramhall Lane one of my favourite grounds.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
5 minutes of the highlights of the 4-4 draw

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
What a day that was. Matt Phillips looked destined for better things and a cut above anyone else. Also thought Golbourne should have been sent off for the head butt right in front of Danny Wilson who went absolutely ballistic.

Joshyd123

Best game I've ever been to. Even better the fact it only cost me a quid to get in.

Oldsmobile-88

On this day 42 years ago.
Lost 0-4 at Swindon.
My memorable 1st away game outside of Devon.The first of many disappointments on the road.
Great excitement as a 16 year old getting onto one of the five coaches that left the bus station.
You had to be on yer toes in Swindon,the coaches did not drop off or pick up at the ground in those days so avoiding a booting was all part of the excitement.

Mad day looking back,that seemed normal at the time.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
You had to be on yer toes in Swindon,the coaches did not drop off or pick up at the ground in those days so avoiding a booting was all part of the excitement.
I remember one year going into the Swindon end by mistake!

Oldsmobile-88

I remember one year going into the Swindon end by mistake!
As at most grounds in those days no segregation.
I remember the Town End emptying at 4.30 & making their way to where most Exeter fans had congregated underneath a stand on the side.