• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City on this day

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Never leave a game early. Yeovil at home 3 years ago

Grrrrrr! This was the game where I was coasting to victory in the Prediction Thread until the last few minutes!

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
13 years ago 31/3/07 The Grecians won 2-1 at Moss Lane,Altrincham..Logan & Billy Jones(pen) the scorers Att 1,100.

A poor performance from the Grecians that day but they got the 3 points.

Amusing anecdote.During the HT interval sub Jamie Mackie was shooting at sub keeper Ricey,every shot was flying over the bar,he got a bit of stick from a couple of Grecians saying how crap his shooting was.Mackie had a shot fuse with supporters at the best of times.He bellowed at a supporter, “come on lets see if you can do any £ucking better”
The chap jumped over the fence,Ricey set himself in goal & the unfortunate fella fell over as he was about to shoot...It was hilarious 😁😁..Mackie getting wound up & the pantomime afterwards was more entertaining that the game 🤣🤣

Oldsmobile-88

3 years ago..1/4/2017 at Field Mill..Crazy last few minutes.

iscalad

From Will Barrett on the Senior Reds FB page..

On this day in 1974, City refused to play Scunthorpe...
With only nine fit players, Johnny Newman and the club requested a postponement of the away match against Scunthorpe United.
Despite the illnesses and injuries being verified by the club doctor, the Football League refused the request and ordered City to fulfil the fixture.
The club refused to do so, and was fined and ordered to pay Scunthorpe costs - the total reaching over £6,000 - and the points were also awarded to Scunthorpe.
Three weeks later, the reverse fixture was played at St James Park, where the Grecians ran out 4-0 winners, with a Fred Binney hat-trick and a Keith Bowker goal ensuring an emphatic win.

Don't get me started on that barsteward Bob Lord

LOG

I went to this with exeweb legend, BigBanker.

The way that Reid very deliberately ran across the defender to win the penalty was superb. I though Fatty Evans was going to explode :D

We had a greasy kebab from Jason Donervan when we got back. Can still taste the garlic mayo.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Dannyred

Sad watching that last minute winner and what happened in the celebrations after that goal. RIP John Chambers

Oldsmobile-88

Sad watching that last minute winner and what happened in the celebrations after that goal. RIP John Chambers
I remember it..I did think of your friend John when I posted it.

PeteUSA

The way that Reid very deliberately ran across the defender to win the penalty was superb. I though Fatty Evans was going to explode :D.

No contact, never a pen. I dislike Evans as much as the next, but he had a genuine grievence there.

Oldsmobile-88

No contact, never a pen. I dislike Evans as much as the next, but he had a genuine grievence there.
I heard the contact onto Reid’s boot(I was about 15 yards away)I thought immediately it was a Pen..