• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City FC v Rochdale A.F.C. Matchday Thread

Grecian1966

The match turned when Tisdale made the "super" decision to take Bauza off. Immediately then we had no focus up front. Bauza was winning a decent amount of balls thrown up to him and we had a chance of building attacks from there. as soon as Bauza went off, we were on the back foot, with no outlet and the rest as they say...
yes, yes yes - It may have worked having Curo with Jimmy feeding off him but putting on D'Ath was a very poor decision as it meant the ball just kept coming back time and time again.

Chuckles

I regularly moan at tis but the ogs is full of rise tinted happy clappers who think the standard of today's game is acceptable! People are happy to pay money to watch ****!
Most of them stink of **** anyway

Devonbean

yes, yes yes - It may have worked having Curo with Jimmy feeding off him but putting on D'Ath was a very poor decision as it meant the ball just kept coming back time and time again.
Two poor teams in a very disappointing game.
City performed as if they had nothing to play for, lucky to be 1 - 0 up and then allowed Dale too much time and space and it was no surprise when the equaliser came. The winning goal in injury time was sickening.
Injuries have decimated the squad with the bench looking decidely weak. The signing of injury prone players has really caught up with us now. Surprised Bauza was substituted, at least he was showing control. Davies anonymous throughout should have been replaced.
Again a reasonable gate let down by a lack of ability and purpose which should still be apparent in a professional side. A tem with a dodgy goalkeeper, poor distribution throughout the side, the only attacking option a long ball to Cureton, is not deserving of a play off place which on this performance must now be in doubt. I really hope I'm wrong.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Having thought a play off spot was all but ours I now fear we may blow it. It is still the tactics that get me, one up against Rochdale and didn't seem able or keen to push on and create something to kill off the game, then we go back to one up top and suddenly our stable defence is breached. Saturday is huge IMO as if we don't win then pressure is on big time unless those below us fall apart. Trouble is dagenham are now four points off bottom of the table so it is a big game for them and we don't seem to play well against the lower placed sides. Really can't see us going up with all the injuries but we need the income the play offs will provide even if we don't get to the final.

Please please don't try to nick a goal and defend it, why can't we have a go at them? Play Reid or chamberlain alongside bauza if Cureton or o Flynn not available.

Last edited:

Pete Martin (CTID)

Surprised Bauza was substituted, at least he was showing control.
Which only goes to prove the point of how very, very differently various people see a player's contribution!!

Grecian_Jay

I swear Tisdale just proves me right with each performance. I have tried tl stay clear of personal insults towards his but I think it's fair tl say he's a bit of a immature kunnt isn't he.

Grecian_Jay

Exeter City manager Paul Tisdale told BBC Radio Devon:

"Considering how poor we were today we just hoped we could hang on, so to be at that point and lose a goal and then an injury time winner is very disappointing.
Play media

"I've not seen one of my teams play so poorly for a long, long time. We struggled to put the passes together and play any meaningful forward play at all.

"We're in a good position, it's about the next game and it's about what's possible, so we have to back each other.

"We're a very average League Two club that is in a very very good position. The heart of the team, all the talent, has been ripped out the middle of it because of injury."

I thought i would put this here. Tisdales Interview. Some good words said.
Well at least he's honest. To be fair he is wrong though as we play **** nearly every week so lets not make it a one off.

"We had to hope we could hang on". Errrm no ee didn't. You could try doing your job and be proactive rather than reactive. Pathetic management.

journeyman

I swear Tisdale just proves me right with each performance. I have tried tl stay clear of personal insults towards his but I think it's fair tl say he's a bit of a immature kunnt isn't he.
Have you had a wee drink tonight Jay?

Alistair20000

Which only goes to prove the point of how very, very differently various people see a player's contribution!!
Indeed. Bussy was getting a lot of stick from those around me but I thought he was performing a useful function i.e. playing closish to Curo and taking some of the pressure off the great man. When D'Ath replaced Bussy, Curo became very isolated up front and far less effective.

milts

Honest assessment from Tisdale.

****e performance, but we do have a whole midfield out injured (no excuse for his negative tactics) but you do have to feel for him if the club couldn't even pay for a player B&B!