• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City FC v Oldham Athletic AFC Match Day Thread

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
MJ and Nigel were awesome tonight, MT biggest mistake not playing MJ enough. Pitch was a real mess.
Its got a bit of time off now and sure our excellent ground staff will be on it first thing , with the amount of rain in the last few days and during the game i'm surprised it didn't cut up any worse.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Parkes must of had the $hits. He sprinted off down the tunnel and then a few minutes later Moxey came on. He didn't appear injured.
Should have done a Radcliffe over the Gap hoardings.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Did think the ref was gonna pull a red tbh so glad he didn't , Their 33 was a bit of a bully at times the only I would have been worried about was their 26 Jonny Smith who had their short corner tactic well planned out which they tried once too many times for it to work thankfully and City dealt well with his threat going forward.
Yep, there was one hell of a skid mark left on the pitch. Hope Parkes doesn't have too many of them!!

Oldsmobile-88

Is it just me that thought Aaron Martin got a touch on the Dickenson free kick at the end?? Certainly looked that way from my seat in block G
Yes.I thought he had.I was in block B of the Stagecoach..

Rosencrantz

MT said in his interview that it was the first time a player has run past him saying he needs the bog!!

Been feeling under the weather so hopefully be ok by Saturday.
Reminds me of the (possibly apocryphal) story of England touring India. I can't remember the names of the involved but an England fast bowler ran in but did not release the ball, just carried on to the pavilion and straight into the toilets. His captain followed him off and asked under the door "take all the time you need old chap, but could you please pass the ball back".

Larry Wilkie

Reminds me of the (possibly apocryphal) story of England touring India. I can't remember the names of the involved but an England fast bowler ran in but did not release the ball, just carried on to the pavilion and straight into the toilets. His captain followed him off and asked under the door "take all the time you need old chap, but could you please pass the ball back".
Could have been one of many that have suffered from the dreaded Delhi Belly over the years!! ;-)

IndoMike

Was it a no - ball?

Spoonz Red E

Yep, there was one hell of a skid mark left on the pitch. Hope Parkes doesn't have too many of them!!
Matt's post match interview ...
"A strange situation in the first half where a player rushes past you to tell you he's got to go the toilet... just when he started the game obviously nature called. A strange situation where Deano had to be ready to step into that"

Rosencrantz

Was it a no - ball?
Not sure, it started to reverse though after 😄

IndoMike

Matt's post match interview ...
"A strange situation in the first half where a player rushes past you to tell you he's got to go the toilet... just when he started the game obviously nature called. A strange situation where Deano had to be ready to step into that"
I hear Deano was sh*t hot after he came on. Great player