• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City FC v Oldham Athletic AFC Match Day Thread

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Was worth getting cold to watch that tonight on the top of the BB with Rog and Geoff.
Cracking atmosphere and could have been more goals from us if Williams had connected and the ref had given the other handball.

UTC.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Gap now developing between FGR 10th and Vale 9th.

Legohead

Banned
I hope you did, great prediction!!
Haha. I'd love to say I did...……………..but I didn't. None of my bets ever win so I didn't risk any money sadly. Never mind. The 3 points is more than enough.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ooh just had a look at our first goal, a thing of beauty, lovely ball slipped through from Jay perfectly weighted for Richardson who produces a Kenny Dalglish finish dinking the keeper from a wide angle close in.
Not forgetting the storming run and pass to Jay from Archie.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nigel Atangana well deserved MOM. He was everywhere doing all the right things.

thermopylai

I always leave iFollow on for a while after the game ends because sometimes you get interviews with the manager etc. They're now playing by accident, simultaneously, the commentary on all the goals from both the Lancs and Devon commentators. As one gets more excited the other gets more depressed in tone. Great to listen to.
Indeed:

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Matt Jay had two fabulous assists in this game and scored a penalty. Atangana was fantastic but Jay was MoM for me.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ajose needs to fall over some more.
Twice in the last 2 games Ajose could have gone down looking for a penalty but both times he's stayed on his feet and it led to a goal.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Comfortable win in the end and nice to see some great patient passing in the second half to take advantage of the extra man. We'd also have probably won without the sending-half as we'd still have been 2-1 up. However, for large parts of the first half we were pretty poor and it's a minor concern that not for the first time we seemed to be rattled by conceding a goal and take a while to recover our confidence.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Just managed to catch up with the result. Well done City, that's helped the goal difference a tadge. :D