• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City FC v Cheltenham Town FC Match Day Thread

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah I think we will need a couple of signings before the end of the window . Wasted opportunity today though . No matter how bad the opposition when you have 11 begins the ball it feels like 22.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
We're being robbed of a 5 nil victory today. Ffs city
As they say , another lesson learned.But I guess MT already knew the answer to the question , paper thin squad and no real plan B .Back to the drawing board let’s hope decent players are found soon.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
7 minutes added

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Deserves 10 minutes injury time.

fred binneys head

Come on lads, still a few minutes to get an equaliser…..

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
very very frustrating

gilbertshoot

In days of yore, this is just the sort of game I've seen City stuff up but not with these guys. Cheltenham will have pride at stake but another professional display. 2:0
Um....!

thermopylai

Really annoying. Under performed against a thoroughly cynical loathsome little team.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well, so much for being able to expect a better standard of refereeing in League One. Yes, we didn't play well enough, yes, the best way to stop the opposition timewasting is not to go behind in the first place and yes, refereeing is a difficult job. However, the way the referee let Cheltenham get away with such blatant timewasting was pretty pathetic.

arthur

Sweeney has been such a miss. Diabate has unfortunately been painfully poor down the right. Poor going forward and hasn’t been able to pick out any passes. Glad to see we’ve changed his back to the middle of the 3 as I’m writing this…
I feared this would happen. Diabate is a a centre centre back and shouldn't be played anywhere else until he's developed his game further