• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City FC v Cambridge United FC Matchday thread.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
THAT Bowman miss when he had it on a plate... man

I do like Bowman but I think he needs some time on the bench. Problem is I don't think Seymour is right for that one man up top. Ajose would have put that away today but for whatever reason he's not even making the bench which I just find mad.
I know that not everyone is a fan of XG but according to Experimental 361 Bowman only had a 20% chance of scoring (or if you prefer would only be expected to score one in 5 times). Didn't see the game but agree that this would seemingly have been a good opportunity to give Seymour or Fisher half an hour on the pitch.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great to see these young lads making an impact. A good time to congratulate the people who've brought them to the Club and coached them.
And the manager for picking them and leaving out some very good, experienced players to allow the youngsters to have an opportunity in the first team.

WXF

Discrimination isn't always about who is and isn't allowed to succeed but often about who is and isn't allowed to fail. Hannah was not worse than Seth Conway, who was like a human vidiprinter today he had so little else to say. Hard not to conclude the double standard being applied is anything but sexism

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Discrimination isn't always about who is and isn't allowed to succeed but often about who is and isn't allowed to fail. Hannah was not worse than Seth Conway, who was like a human vidiprinter today he had so little else to say. Hard not to conclude the double standard being applied is anything but sexism
Or it could just be that Seth Conway has been doing the job a long time and most of us have heard him many times before whereas this was the first time many City fans will have heard Hannah. There have been one or two blatantly sexist posts that have been mostly called out but, to me at least, most of the comments about Hannah have been no different to discussion about male commentators and co-commentators in the past.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
For all the discussion about where our goals are coming from it's worth noting that we are the only team to score against Salford or Cambridge in the league this season.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would suggest it’s fairly amateurish to not even bother spelling someone’s name right when you criticize them. For the record her name is Hannah Poile.
Well as I've only heard it spoken and never seen written, she's a local lass (presumably) I thought it was spelt the same way as the village. I would have thought that might be a reasonable assumption to make.

Banksy

Hear ye, hear ye. Ryan Bowman will score 16 goals this season, Matt Jay will score 13, Ben Seymour will score 8 and we will be promoted. Ajose will score 5. You heard it here first.
I like the cut of your jib Baldrick .If you‘re correct I’ll award you a couple of turnips.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well as I've only heard it spoken and never seen written, she's a local lass (presumably) I thought it was spelt the same way as the village. I would have thought that might be a reasonable assumption to make.
I also wondered if her surname was Poughill.

grecIAN Harris

Just looking back at that miss by Bowman, why the hell is he trying to control the ball with his studs rather than the side of his foot. Greasy pitch and he is trying to use control that is only going to cause pressure on the ball and likely to slip away anyway. Cushion it with the side of his foot and then shoot if he really felt the need to take a touch.

Bongo1959

Off topic but could we please be a bit more professional with our broadcasts as,a club . Park life is great but the rest , interviews you can't here the questions , long silences on commentary picky I know but please .