• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Conference Call

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E7reMI6aR9U

Came across this on YouTube the other day and hadn't seen it for years. It just shows how bad things really were at that time and how far the club has come since on and off the pitch.

The players looked extremely unfit during pre season and go knows how we managed to turn things around, but it shows just how much of a great man Eammon Dolan was. Who knows where we would be if he hadn't taken he reigns??

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I remember watching this when it was first broadcast. All the people who knock Flacky should watch it.

Grecian2K

A chastening reminder of what might have been, and one worth bearing in mind next time we are carping and feuding about the latest (inevitable) slight mis-steps. The mods should award it immediate "sticky" status ;)

Some former heroes there (alongside some former villains as well!!) and some poignant memories of some sadly now departed. :(

A top thread Moomin.

Last edited:

IndoMike

There is no doubt that the survival of Exeter City is due in great part to the group of people who selflessly gave up so much time and energy, including all the folks behind the scenes and volunteers. It really was the fans club then.

ecfc2000

Andy Gillard hasn't aged one bit. Damn him.....

Exehausted

And probably the last time Dr. Dave had shortish hair!

hienzeECFC

Having moved to Exeter in 2003 I have always been aware of the trust and its importance, but I must admit that in the 14 years since I started watching and supporting City I don't think I ever really appreciated the peril the club was in and the unbelievable work that was done by so many people. It has been very easy for me to take for granted the work that was done to keep the club alive and allow me some of my fondest memories growing up in the west country. Big thank you to Moomin Grecian for posting that video.

Oldsmobile-88

A time when many good people turned a football club that was a laughing stock,to a football club that gained a bit of pride back.& supporters were proud of.

Easy to forget how bad those days,pre rebirth in the Conference were..

That team in the 1st season in the Conference will always have a special place in the annals of ECFC

Last edited:

Pete Martin (CTID)

I taped the two episodes on VHS and they had lain unwatched until recently when I acquired a VHS recorder on EBay to put a couple of videos of my kids from 30 years ago onto CD for them. I then remembered this one so did the same with that and then put it on YouTube. I'm sure Westcountry TV won't mind (I do credit it to them!). ;)

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I taped the two episodes on VHS and they had lain unwatched until recently when I acquired a VHS recorder on EBay to put a couple of videos of my kids from 30 years ago onto CD for them. I then remembered this one so did the same with that and then put it on YouTube. I'm sure Westcountry TV won't mind (I do credit it to them!). ;)
Thanks for the upload Pete, it was a really good watch and brought back so good memories of a very interesting first season.