• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City AFC v Swindon Town AFC Official Match Day Thread. LD2 17/8/19

Rog H K

Big test today. Need to step up a gear IMHO but we can do better than what has been on show in last 2 league games, so room for improvement. Weather should be fine and looks like a 6K attendance give or take on the cards. UTC

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The improved second half last week left me feeling confident but I'm worried this could turn into a repeat of the Lincoln home game last season.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
The battle will be won or lost in midfield. Swindon have real pace in there and we must not let them overrun us....

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Feels a bit strange going into a game with a 100% record and not feeling confident. The reality is we haven't been playing well.

I can see a harsh reality check today but I obviously hope I'm wrong.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Will be a test this afternoon lets hope we step up from the first home game- it's early days of course but looking to be a bit more inspired than I was against Macclesfield
Will be a decent crowd today - good atmosphere and we always play well in front of a big crowd - oh hang on a minute :unsure:
Anyway here's hoping

UTC

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd take another 1-0 win today. Three from three would be great even if we're not exactly in sparkling form.

Following on Exeweb from work today best I can.

COYR

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Could also be a good time to play Swindon as when Yates gets back from his ban and partners Doyle up front it may prove to be a really potent pairing.

Ex-ciderrr

Looking forward to the game despite myself, like many not being not overly confident. Soon be time for a pre match beverage 🍺, oh Exeter.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
A real test but we have nothing to fear. Win or lose its early days so no need for knee jerk reactions. I'm hoping to be entertained and hoping our midfield can control the game better than the last home match. We need to be at it from the off and not wait until the last half hour to start to play with purpose.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
On my way. Hoping for a good match and City stepping up a few gears.

Jason's preview