• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City AFC v MK Dons Official Match Day Thread. 2 Feb 2019

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
This result is for all those 'experts' who thought there wasn't an option if we showed PT the door...Well done Matt Taylor.... :)

CWH-NYC_

That was a fantastic performance!!

One manager gets the team up for in the other as usual in “big” situations bottles it.

Onwards we go

Last edited:

Terryhall

Phenomenal performance today. Strategy and tactics spot on and the players all put in a great shift. Dons couldn't cope with us at all today. 3 superb points.

scottus86

I tell you what, to still being going for the jugular at 3-1 up with 10 minutes to go is something we haven't seen for years. Loved that game and I think the whole team probably deserves man of the match. Key players for me were Martin, Holmes, Law and Forte. Their pressing and energy is what won us that game, they forced MKdons into mistakes that they shouldn't have been making and their effort was surely inspired by the crowd. It's disappointing to concede from a corner and give away such an easy goal, but everything else was excellent. We have played well in numerous games this season but I think this will probably be our best performance of the year. Every play looked tidy with the ball at their feet, found their pass, held on to the ball high up the pitch, used their strength and brains to keep our moves going. We won every 50/50 and picked up every loose ball. Just fantastic and to do it against the supposed "messiah of league two tica-taca football"

ecfc70

Well done city, great to send the self proclaimed messiah packing but such a shame work dictated that I couldn't attend.
Unlucky Rog HK and Ash but at least you can take consolation that I got the result correct in this month's points prediction thread

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Totally deserved victory in the end. We gave away a very soft goal from a corner and MK then threw everything at us but our defence stood up to them really well. Our constant harassing of MK on the ball eventually paid off with the third goal and Nicky Law was very close to a hat trick with a shot the keeper did well to save. Law was a joy to watch as always but the whole team played well. Forte was a revelation, Martin looks so much better than early in the season, Holmes and Woodman were as good as they have ever been while O'Shea and Moxey were solid at the back.
It was noticeable that after a quick hand-shake Tisdale headed straight to the changing rooms!

StroudGrecian

This result is for all those 'experts' who thought there wasn't an option if we showed PT the door...Well done Matt Taylor.... :)
Can't you just enjoy the result without trying to put others down? Time to move on malcs.

malcolms

Can't you just enjoy the result without trying to put others down? Time to move on malcs.
I'm enjoying it, don't worry about that....are you?

Grecian2K

And we've not even really had to unleash our newest acquisitions onto an unsuspecting L2 yet.

StroudGrecian

I'm enjoying it, don't worry about that....are you?
Loving it malcs, and glad to be sticking one over Tisdale - just not trying to stick one over my fellow supporters...