• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Accounts

David Treharne

If anyone is interested there is 23 pages of persons holding shares in Exeter City AFC on Companies House site from 3 days ago.
Ever since the Trust took control the 'shareholder' list has been the subject of considerable discussion and some considerable research. It would be interesting to know how many of those named are traceable. For example those supposedly held by the Exeter City Police Benevolent Fund, or those by Heavitree Brewery.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Ever since the Trust took control the 'shareholder' list has been the subject of considerable discussion and some considerable research. It would be interesting to know how many of those named are traceable. For example those supposedly held by the Exeter City Police Benevolent Fund, or those by Heavitree Brewery.
Do we now have the opportunity to buy these shares? I'm not sure it's a top priority bu it would be good to get to the 75% ownership level.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hi Indo follow the attachment on no12 and it is the first item. If you want to follow all information re City just click on the link Follow This Company put in your email and set up a password. Its all free and when ever City files any information regarding their accounts you will receive a text message confirming receipt of the paperwork.
Thanks for your help. To be honest, I have no idea what you mean. Do you mean post no.12?. I clicked in the link and it took me to another thread .
If you're busy, don't worry. I'm very IT challenged.
Been trying for years to find out if my dad's shares still exist. Would be easier to get MI5's data bank

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Thanks for your help. To be honest, I have no idea what you mean. Do you mean post no.12?. I clicked in the link and it took me to another thread .
If you're busy, don't worry. I'm very IT challenged.
Been trying for years to find out if my dad's shares still exist. Would be easier to get MI5's data bank
Try this PDF

Fareham Grecian

There is a big difference between cashflow and financial profits/losses recorded in a period. The transfer fees received would have been recognised when they were contractually due (so any initial fees from Watkins/stockley etc). This would have meant financial results look better in the year that they took place. From a budgeting perspective, the club would have then budgeted to spend this income over the next 1-2 years. In the accounts, this spend in the current financial year, therefore looks like we are making large operating losses, which is true in the year in isolation, but was budgeted for, and therefore should be no cause for alarm. Obviously the alarm comes, when we are making operating losses, with no transfer income having been received initially. It's difficult to work out exactly what is on our balance sheet, however it shouldnt include things like future sell on income from watkins/ampadu until this is virtually certain. It would be interesting to know exactly (if any), what has been budgeted for the next 5 years in relation to income potentially due to be received from those two.

As with any business in the current environment, the key is around cashflow and money in the bank, and the ability to trade day to day, as opposed to the financial results themselves which are going to look pretty dire for all industries in the coming year!
Agree entirely with this, except that it was budgeted to spend over 3 years I think rather than 1-2.

And I am sure nothing has been added to the budget at all from future add-ons from Watkins, Stockley or anyone else. Or indeed from any potential transfers of current players/prospects. It is all treated as windfall income.

IndoMike

Thanks, Hants, but I got that tiny print starting with error. I'll try on.my laptop after dinner

JJ red&white

Agree with all this. Having now had a listen to the podcast it's a shame that they make a one-line comment about us losing seven hundred thousand pounds last year without putting it in the wider context that this was a budgeted loss and that we still have two million in the bank.
Its also a shame that they didn't quote the right number, given our RE have decreased by £616k!!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
There is a large number of shares in a suspense account. What exactly mean for their status, please?

JJ red&white

There is a large number of shares in a suspense account. What exactly mean for their status, please?
Where have you seen that?

Without wanting to spend time adding up all the shares in the confirmation statement, does anybody know how many shares have been issued, and whether all par values of each share are the same (whether preference or ordinary), that generates the £40k of share capital?

iscalad

I think it means no on knows who they belong to.