• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City a Complete Record 1904 - 1990 on ebay

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
A quick public service announcement chums. I just noticed two of the above now collectable City 'Bibles' on ebay. Both at $15.50. It looks like they are advertised as being in the US so postage might enter into it. See what you think, there cant be that many about any more.

PS: I might just get a backup, since my 1990 original is getting a bit dog-eared!

Swanaldo

I seem to remember, when they had the first cheapy 'The Works' type bookshop in Exeter, they had a table stacked with hundreds (possibly thousands) of copies. In hindsight, I should have bought a few dozen and squirreled them away.

GJW

Maybe one day it will be up-dated to 1904 to 2020 (perhaps). The ECFC bible will then be old and New Testament. We live in hope.

Grecian2K

I seem to remember, when they had the first cheapy 'The Works' type bookshop in Exeter, they had a table stacked with hundreds (possibly thousands) of copies. In hindsight, I should have bought a few dozen and squirreled them away.
That is true...it's where I got my own (now well battered) copy for a whole £1!!!
(I recall that they also had a pile of the Accrington Stanley "bible" which I also wish I'd bought - particularly since it is now (I think) the only missing volume in my otherwise complete collection of the Breedon Books "Complete Histories".

Grecian2K

Maybe one day it will be up-dated to 1904 to 2020 (perhaps). The ECFC bible will then be old and New Testament. We live in hope.
Sadly, Breedon Books ceased to exist a few years ago so no further new editions are likely (from that source at least) :(

I am currently doing final proof-checking and tidying up a result and line-up spreadsheet (in "ECFC Bible" style) for the period from 1990-91 to date. It is in Open Office (ODF) format but can also be converted to Excel XLS. It should (I hope) be "virus-proof" and, if interested, if some kind soul of a more teccy disposition could guide me, I would be happy to link it here (or any other suitable location) for general reference.

PeteUSA

Excuse me! Is nobody interested in these 'Bibles' that I pointed out? Last time I discovered any on ebay, and published the gen on here, three people went after and bought them.

iscalad

Excuse me! Is nobody interested in these 'Bibles' that I pointed out? Last time I discovered any on ebay, and published the gen on here, three people went after and bought them.
I did.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Most people who wanted one would have either already bought it or lent it from a mate for a read.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Isca you bought one of these from the states ? should have asked on here I probably have a couple of spares picked up at local bootsales or charity shops for a couple of quid each , they aren't that rare.
There was 2 for sale at the Hospice shop near whipton shops the other month £2.50 each.

iscalad

Isca you bought one of these from the states ? should have asked on here I probably have a couple of spares picked up at local bootsales or charity shops for a couple of quid each , they aren't that rare.
There was 2 for sale at the Hospice shop near whipton shops the other month £2.50 each.
Ah well. I didn't buy it from the States, but did buy from eBay.