• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter and the transfer deadline

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Given that the transfer window closes ( I think ) on 31st August do you think we really need to make any further signings before then to strengthen the team in any position? It seems that as our last four points have been gleaned from an own goal and a penalty ,an out and out striker might just about complete the jigsaw in making a team that can compete for a play off spot in this league. Where to find him at the price we can afford to pay though remains the big question!

SimonBB

Given that the transfer window closes ( I think ) on 31st August do you think we really need to make any further signings before then to strengthen the team in any position? It seems that as our last four points have been gleaned from an own goal and a penalty ,an out and out striker might just about complete the jigsaw in making a team that can compete for a play off spot in this league. Where to find him at the price we can afford to pay though remains the big question!
it closes next Tuesday.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The other part of this equation is will we lose anyone? Last year we lost George close to the deadline, not sure we were expecting it.

I don't think Tisdale will panic in to signing someone. If we need someone, they will already be thought of.

Shortround

The only player i can see us losing would be Matt Taylor, now that would be a massive loss!

Poultice

The only player i can see us losing would be Matt Taylor, now that would be a massive loss!
I heard David Moyes has been seen in town.

Joshyd123

What happens to Tisdale's dozen? Only brought in 8 so far, or is he waiting 'til January for the others?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I heard David Moyes has been seen in town.
As well as Stuart Fleetwood - what apopular place Exeter is

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
If the strikers were given a reasonable number of chances then they would score more goals.Might be a problem if we get 1 or 2 more injuries with the strikers.

Last edited:

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
What happens to Tisdale's dozen? Only brought in 8 so far, or is he waiting 'til January for the others?
That is what he was aiming for, but obviously didn't see enough he liked. No point signing 12 to make up the numbers.

bigtrees

According to Tis on Kellow's Bootlaces, he is up to his budget limit, so where this Fleetwood money (£50k) has come from/gone to is anyones guess.

Mixed messages all pre-season as normal. One minute Tis wants 6 first teamers and 6 development players brought in, and the next minute, we have failed to get Fleetwood after offering £50k, still haven't spent it, but now the managers' saying "We're upto our limit, and unless we do some business we won't be bringing anymore in".