• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Excuses

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just for a laugh really, I'm wondering what your best excuse is for not doing something previously planned or as a way of getting out of doing something that really didn't interest you.

GO!

contrabombarde

Many years ago a friend asked me if I would be interested in carol singing in the pubs in Topsham. Thinking quickly on my feet I said " sorry Gerald but I'm busy that night" to which he replied " I haven't said which night" He hasn't spoken to me much since.

Colesman Ballz

Just for a laugh really, I'm wondering what your best excuse is for not doing something previously planned or as a way of getting out of doing something that really didn't interest you.

GO!
I think that you should ask Tidstale, he's "written the Book" ! ;)

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Went to fix a van at Sandy Bay when I got there I could see stickers in the windows for that other team down the road ... told the bloke driving it I was Exeter City and there were 2 options for him , either after ive finished my job it would be in worse condition or he could ring my boss and tell him he had got a better quote for the work
He decided to ring my boss lol

fred binneys head

My excuse was that I was hoovering the back seat of the car and due to the angle I was at trying to hoover up the last bits, the end of the hoover got stuck on my penis.

Needless to say, my nan didn't believe me.

Last edited:

elginCity

Blaming Henry would be unbelievable too :D

My kids inherited an ability to talk on the phone from their mother, and whenever they call my mobile they go on..and on...and on...and on. Don't get me wrong I think the world of them, and it's great hearing from them, but I have a threshold of about 20 mins. My excuse to leave range from needing a pee, dinner is on the table, someone is at the door, have to go to an appointment etc. There is a need to be more creative I know, and having used the same bank of excuses for some time now they're beginning to smell a rat, and I'd hate to hurt them or for them to stop calling.

So watching this thread with great interest, as I'm running out of excuses. Thank you, joshy.

STURTZ

My excuse was that I was hoovering the back seat of the car and due to the angle I was at trying to hoover up the last bits, the end of the hoover got stuck on my penis.

Needless to say, my nan didn't believe me.
That's what you get when you try and come clean.:D