• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

European 'Super League' and ECFC

Legohead

Banned
So come on Lego, do tell us how many clubs you have still left to go to complete your 92 "followed" idiot ? :p
It's not a popularity contest. I support who i want to support and who i feel deserves my support. When i don't feel this anymore then i'm free to change. It is actually the clubs fault rather than mine. Many fans continue to be mugged off for years and years without any say and put up with it. I guess that what being a 'real' fan is though like yourself eh? I'm not trying to prove myself or proclaim i'm a superfan, unlike many others.

If you are happy supporting one club all your life then that's fantastic. Some people don't do this and that's fantastic too. Those who judge based on their own self importance and egos are idiots sunshine. Including you.

At the end of the day, we're all going to die one day anyway so it's all semantics in the grand scheme of things isn't it?

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's not a popularity contest. I support who i want to support and who i feel deserves my support. When i don't feel this anymore then i'm free to change. It is actually the clubs fault rather than mine. Many fans continue to be mugged off for years and years without any say and put up with it. I guess that what being a 'real' fan is though like yourself eh? I'm not trying to prove myself or proclaim i'm a superfan, unlike many others.
The question wasn't about what you have the right to do, it was simple enough, how many other Clubs have you spent time "following" before rocking up at SJP ? It is not a trick question, there is no right or wrong answer, why are you so reluctant to answer, or are you simply unable to remember them all ? 😎

Legohead

Banned
The question wasn't about what you have the right to do, it was simple enough, how many other Clubs have you spent time "following" before rocking up at SJP ? It is not a trick question, there is no right or wrong answer, why are you so reluctant to answer, or are you simply unable to remember them all ? 😎
Like i said pal. One day we will all perish.

i8cornwall

If you are happy supporting one club all your life then that's fantastic. Some people don't do this and that's fantastic too. Those who judge based on their own self importance and egos are idiots sunshine. Including you.

At the end of the day, we're all going to die one day anyway so it's all semantics in the grand scheme of things isn't it?
You support who you want to support Lego mate... Just don't support bolton it's depressing 90% of the time.

Back to the Pepsi KFC Quick fit european super League:

Honestly let them go now, the rest of us will be better off without them, selfishly City will be fine as much as I give the trust abuse (and rightly so at times) they have run us in a way that will keep us above water, if we can get through a global pandemic then the so called big 6 leaving won't effect us, yes we'll miss those big FA games but let's be honest the away games are an utter nightmare.

And if anyone here is a fan of the big 6 and still needs there "big" football fix then our friends in Nuremberg will welcome you with open arms.

Colesman Ballz

Like i said pal. One day we will all perish.
So you are still evading the question. Why not just answer it ? Simples ?

geoffwp

Well sure, of course you can just go when you feel like it Lego, particularly if you feel the club doesnt deserve your support and you feel that our club is "mugging you off". Reading some of the things you've written about it recently I'd say you must be pretty close to quitting by now?
It does make you seem to be a bit of a butterfly though, flitting from one club to another but I cant follow your logic in saying those who do that are fantastic fans while basically saying that those of us who have always supported this one club are idiots. Is that how you see us?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cue lots of frantic electioneering without any substantive action to block it.
Quite. Oliver Dowden has just said without a hint of irony: 'I have been left with no choice but to formally trigger the launch of our fan-led review of football.'

The Conservatives 2019 election manifesto said: 'We will set up a fan-led review of football governance.' Of course, they proceeded to do diddly squat.

As an aside, at the 2019 Trust AGM there was a motion to voice support for the Labour Party's 'blueprint for a fan-focused revolution of the game', https://www.wsc.co.uk/stories/14290-general-election-2019-what-conservatives-labour-liberal-democrats-would-do-for-football.

Incredibly this was voted down as, it seems, a majority of those present thought the Trust shouldn't be getting involved in politics. As far as I'm concerned that's exactly what the Trust should be doing if, moving forward, we want to avoid situations such as today's. If a political party, of any hue, is proposing a fan-focused revolution of the game then IMO the Trust should be standing fully behind them.

Colesman Ballz

Quite. Oliver Dowden has just said without a hint of irony: 'I have been left with no choice but to formally trigger the launch of our fan-led review of football.'

The Conservatives 2019 election manifesto said: 'We will set up a fan-led review of football governance.' Of course, they proceeded to do diddly squat.

As an aside, at the 2019 Trust AGM there was a motion to voice support for the Labour Party's 'blueprint for a fan-focused revolution of the game', https://www.wsc.co.uk/stories/14290-general-election-2019-what-conservatives-labour-liberal-democrats-would-do-for-football.

Incredibly this was voted down as, it seems, a majority of those present thought the Trust shouldn't be getting involved in politics. As far as I'm concerned that's exactly what the Trust should be doing if, moving forward, we want to avoid situations such as today's. If a political party, of any hue, is proposing a fan-focused revolution of the game then IMO the Trust should be standing fully behind them.
If you want to make a similar proposal for this year, I will happily second that .

Reactions: Egg

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
If you want to make a similar proposal for this year, I will happily second that .
It just seems to me there's an opportunity for the UK's only supporter-owned professional football club to be at the forefront of a movement which benefits everyone who loves the beautiful game. But not if the Trust, and its members, are frightened by any mention of politics.

The 2019 Trust AGM voted against voicing its support for this initiative. I find that incredible. And sad.

Last edited:

Colesman Ballz

Seemingly the "$hit $ix" are busy sabre rattling and have their legal teams on speed dial to legally challenge any prospective sanctions. Time for the FA to show it's mettle and simply not pick any players of those clubs for it's National Teams at any level whatsoever. I can't see that any court is going to be able to rule on or dictate how a national team selection is made. If the Spanish or Italian FAs do likewise so much the better.