• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

European 'Super League' and ECFC

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
The horse has bolted, they will see this through. I don't see this as a power play, it's now way beyond that.

These owners are absolute scum, they come from a corporate world and hope this falls to pieces. Real Chelsea, ACM, United fans will surely not follow this path?

I believe this is an opportunity to reorganise our pyramid in this country for match day fans. Football can become what it once was at all levels, to serve and entertain the local community. Let them take those shell of clubs off to their franchise league. I see it like MK Dons - they can asset strip a club but the identity and memories remain with match going fans. FCUM, AFC Liverpool were minority attempts, but I honestly believe this is a difference circumstance that will result in phoenix clubs within our system as we know it whilst the others go off and play galaxy ball with quarters for ads and bigger goals.

The PL, FA, UEFA must remain resolute and ban these teams from their competitions if they follow through on this. No national call ups etc. Make it a mercenary league. We can sort out who's who then.

I'm genuinely gutted and angry it's come to this, but it sheds football of this cancer that first appeared in 1992.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
So the “Big 6” want to go. Excellent news I have been saying this for some time let them go and let this be an opportunity to create a level playing field again.

Restructure the Pyramid, EFL and PL and as before the creation of the PL, allow every supporter no matter what team he or she is supporting to once again be able to dream of seeing their team playing in the top league in my case when growing up “The First Division”.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
So the “Big 6” want to go. Excellent news I have been saying this for some time let them go and let this be an opportunity to create a level playing field again.

Restructure the Pyramid, EFL and PL and as before the creation of the PL, allow every supporter no matter what team he or she is supporting to once again be able to dream of seeing their team playing in the top league in my case when growing up “The First Division”.
A nice idea but the other +/- 20 PL & Ex-PL teams and Sky / BT Sport couldn't live with this. More likely everyone would just shuffle up and the top 6 of the NL join L2.

I wouldn't read much into that, his opinion is about as consistent as Randell Williams end product.
To be fair to Boris, he has scored more times during the past few years than Williams, especially away from home.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think the premier league, FA etc etc need to fight fire with fire.

At the end of the day all players will want to play in the premier league, all fans will want to be in the premier league.

I cannot see any of them choosing just to be in this new euro league and not the premier league, FA cup etc etc.

These organisations need to grow a pair and fight back, they hold many of the aces.

IndoMike

I fear that FIFA, EUFA and the FA will cave in to the wealthy owners of these 12 clubs.

But if they don't

1. Kick out all of these teams from their leagues
2. Ban all the officials of the 12 from ever owning or being a director of any league club in the future
3. Ban all their players from international matches and from ever returning to play or manage in their own leagues. It's not the players' fault but
they must be pressured, too.

Extra pressure needs to be applied, and no sly deals done behind the scenes which might impact lower league clubs
I don't trust any of these feckers.

thermopylai

Is anyone surprised?

This is after all the logical extension of what has been going on ever since the Glazers and Abramovic arrived on the scene, or indeed the formation of the PL back in the early 90s.
It all started to go wrong in 1920 when the Southern League sold out to the money-chasing mercenaries of the north!

Legohead

Banned
So is this super league confirmed as definitely going ahead then? Or just more 'proposals'?

Legohead

Banned
Loads of fans of these clubs saying that they will find another club to support as they do not agree with their clubs stance on this. Man, that's a lot of people that Colesmans Ballz needs to have a go at! :LOL:

Colesman Ballz

Loads of fans of these clubs saying that they will find another club to support as they do not agree with their clubs stance on this. Man, that's a lot of people that Colesmans Ballz needs to have a go at! :LOL:
So come on Lego, do tell us how many clubs you have still left to go to complete your 92 "followed" idiot ? :p