• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Euro 2021

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes , they did look like one of the main ones to beat. Wonder if our young team is streetwise enough to do it. Be lovely to think so , waiting since 1966 seems a long time to wait for a major trophy. Still remember watching that final on a tiny black and white tv. Was it really fifty five years says he blinking.
The trouble is the draw hasn’t been too favourable for England we’d definitely be better off finishing second in our group 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Banksy

Haven’t studied the ins and outs of the tables and who we’d possibly end up with , but as they say perhaps you just have to meet and beat the best anyway.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes , they did look like one of the main ones to beat. Wonder if our young team is streetwise enough to do it. Be lovely to think so , waiting since 1966 seems a long time to wait for a major trophy. Still remember watching that final on a tiny black and white tv. Was it really fifty five years says he blinking.
I was on a self-catering holiday in North Wales. Our cottage didn't have a TV. :(

Banksy

I was on a self-catering holiday in North Wales. Our cottage didn't have a TV. :(
Bad luck for you since we’ve not had a sniff since.My old set was probably a tenth of the size I watch stuff on now but we thought it was the best thing since sliced bread.A few years later we watched the Cup Final in colour on my late uncle’s 24 inch set .Now that was a revelation!

iscalad

I was in Australia 🙄

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
England should have nothing to worry about now.......

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Beckham was a world class player, despite his commercial side.

Also the most unique style of free kick/crossing that I'll likely never see again. Iconic.
I guess you were probably too young to have seen Sir Stanley play. Also obviously not world class but our own Gordon Dale was a good crosser of the ball.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Over 100 England caps, more than 50 as captain, countless PL titles, FA Cups, Champions League, league titles in 4 countries, runner up Ballon D'Or ...

Yeah he was rubbish.
Correct apart from that free kick against Greece just like Rooney did nothing to write home about on the International stage.

iscalad

Correct apart from that free kick against Greece just like Rooney did nothing to write home about on the International stage.
You mean like the World Cup in South Africa?

Reactions: WXF

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
You mean like the World Cup in South Africa?
What this