• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Euro 2021

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is this now the Beckham brand thread ?

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is this now the Beckham brand thread ?
Seems like it the accent being on “brand”.

Ash

They did with Beckham, He was good at dead ball situations but overrated in other areas, He played because of his "Brand" God I hope we don't ever go back to that and use the term so called "Golden Generation"
That's nuts. To suggest DB was only picked because of his brand is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on here, from a huge selection of nonsense.

grecIAN Harris

Apparently Maguire will not be available for the Group games, so in my opinion should not have been selected. No matter what he says, Southgate has blundered by picking 4 right backs. Ok , Walker could play at RCB, but he's not very good there. Reece James is the best defensive RB so it should have been him if strong defense was needed and Trent if an attacking back is needed.That's enough : no Trippier, or Trippier/Trent.
I like Sterling but he's out of form : Foden is enough. Calvin Lewis is not international standard. If Kane gets injured we're farked.
Also I think it's awful the way Vardy has been treated I'm not surprised he retired from England. He's a goalscorer, fast and dangerous. Another example of Southgate's limited outlook.
We have the players to do well, but I doubt if Southgate will get the best out of them.
Who????? Or are you possibly on about Calvert-Lewin? If that's who you're on about, you're probably right but then the same could be said about Vardy. He's a great club striker but doesn't have enough about him to be an international striker.

grecIAN Harris

Hard to believe but last night was the first time Italy have scored more than two in a Euro Finals match.

nick_exmouth

Shocking defending from the Welsh for that goal. Need Ampadu on to shore up Midfield.

Red Devon

Sizeable crowd in for the Denmark v Finland match.

iscalad

Christ. What happened to Ericsson?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Christ. What happened to Ericsson?
This is horrible ☹☹

manc grecian

Everything crossed that he pulls through. Horrible to watch