• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Euro 2021

Red Nose

Correct apart from that free kick against Greece just like Rooney did nothing to write home about on the International stage.
Haha. Both Beckham and Rooney faded in their twilight years, but to suggest they did little for England is absurd. Both earned over 100 caps and the latter is our record goalscorer. Yes, they both had games and moments I'm sure they'd rather forget but they were both largely fantastic for England.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
What this
If the supporters have the right to criticise the team, I don't see the problem with one or two players criticising the supporters
The age of crowds baying in the Collosseum have gone

budegrecian

Haha. Both Beckham and Rooney faded in their twilight years, but to suggest they did little for England is absurd. Both earned over 100 caps and the latter is our record goalscorer. Yes, they both had games and moments I'm sure they'd rather forget but they were both largely fantastic for England.
Really? Both great club players but: Rooney was brilliant as an 18 year old in Portugal until unjury cut short his tournament. He did very little at any tournament thereafter.
Beckham's performance v Greece was fantastic but he flopped miserably at every tournament he played in. Getting sent off, missing a penaltly, chickening out of a tackle (v Brazil), they all ultimately resulted in England getting knocked out of various tournaments.

Reactions: DB9

Rosencrantz

A lot of sepia coloured comparisons going which are by and large pointless. If Beckham and Rooney's WC records are held as reason why they are international failures then you cannot hold Stanley Matthews (2 World Cups, out in first round & QF) and Tom Finney (3 World Cups out in first round twice and QF) as anything better...which is all pretty ridiculous. They are all England players who should be remembered favourably and will all probably be in the hall of fame, if it exists.

On topic - hope Ollie has his feet up and will be refreshed for the new season and an assault on the squad for the WC.

IndoMike

Watching Wales v Turkey.
Two awful teams .
Ramsay dismal and missed two golden chances
Moore no better than Bowman
Despite that, I'm betting on a Wales 1-0 if they can actually put the ball in the net.
Joe Allen weak as p*ss. Not ready for men's football

Last edited:

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Ramsay dismal and missed two golden chances
Classic Mikey.

IndoMike

Now that was a very good goal. Bale put Ramsay in for a 2nd time and Ramsay scraped it in. Excellent run by Ramsay. He must have seen my post.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Thread on Moore from 2015

IndoMike

Classic Mikey.
Should've had a hat-trick

IndoMike

Thread on Moore from 2015

Tisdale was right. He's cr*p.
He only plays for Wales cos they have nobody else. All bloody rugby players over there. I wouldn't swap Bowman with Moore, and that is saying something