• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Euro 2016

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hence the reason we should attack the World cup with a young side and plan for Euro 16. A front three of Sterling, Sturridge and Rooney (no one else unfortunately). a mideifld three of Gerrard, Barkley and Lallana/Henderson(would say Carrick but think he's too old now to plan for the next era). Don't care about the defence as they're all ****e.

grecIAN Harris

Carrick is actually younger than Gerrard.

grecIAN Harris

Of course there is, you're talking about the perennially shoite Scots. The only win they're guaranteed is against Gibralter, the rest should wipe the floor with them.

As for England they should have every reason to believe they can top the group with a 100% record. They, not the Scots, have nothing to fear.
They should be able to do Georgia, RoI will be like a league match and there for the taking and Poland don't travel too well (Poland away will be a different kettle of fish).

Grecian_Jay

Carrick is actually younger than Gerrard.
And your point is? Gerrard is the skipper and is a given. My point is that everyone has missed the boat with Carrick. You need two quicker, more energetic players alongside Gerrard.

grecIAN Harris

You're talking about building for the future, why waste your time on Gerrard who very rarely impresses for England and if selected anyway will have to play the a role (holding midfielder) that Carrick plays better anyway. I won't even get started on picking Jordan Henderson.

Grecian_Jay

You're talking about building for the future, why waste your time on Gerrard who very rarely impresses for England and if selected anyway will have to play the a role (holding midfielder) that Carrick plays better anyway. I won't even get started on picking Jordan Henderson.
To be fair Greasy, the day you agree with me I'll be very worried. Gerrard is there whether we like it or not (personally I love the bloke so it's all good for me). I don't want to see a 4-4-2, I certainly don't want to see Townsend, Cleverley, Milner etc. I wanna see Barkley, Henderson, Lallana etc. I don't want Carroll, Defoe, Bent, etc. Get Rodriguez, Berahino, Sterling in there.

It has to be 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. Shoe-ins for me right now are Sterling, Sturridge, Lallana, Rooney.

I say write off this tournament on the basis that these young guys will have vital experience. Let's face it could they do any worse than the recent tournament performances? Doubt it. Ideally you change manager for Hoddle, Curbishley as well but that will never happen.

grecIAN Harris

This days arrived. I'm in complete agreement with your last paragraph but whilst we're on the line of norm, what's wrong with Andros Townsend. Quick, direct, not afraid to take players on, a bigger, stronger version of Sterling I would suggest.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Euro 2016 for the youth.

World cup a mixture.

This is what I feel we can expect for Brazil:

Hart
Walker Cahill Jagielka Baines
Wilshere Gerrard
Ox Rooney Welbeck
Sturridge

After the tournament is over we can bed in the likes of Barkley, Shaw, Lallana, Sterling etc.

grecIAN Harris

Barkley will be playing GoG. He's too good not to. He will be the advanced midfielder of three with Wilshire and probably Gerrard. I'd like to see Huddlestone in the deeper midfield role but Gerrard won't get left out.

Grecian_Jay

This days arrived. I'm in complete agreement with your last paragraph but whilst we're on the line of norm, what's wrong with Andros Townsend. Quick, direct, not afraid to take players on, a bigger, stronger version of Sterling I would suggest.
I completely forgot about Wilshere. I don't rate him much but he's better than most others we have.

Townsend is terrible, couple good games but far too predictable, you know he'll play from right and cut inside and shoot. Too 1d for my liking.