• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not sure the Football League World article amounts to much more than a hill of beans. This isn't to say that Ethan isn't doing fantastically at Elland Road – plainly, he is – but would be staggered if a club with Leed's financial clout allowed him to leave in the January window, given it would almost certainly impact negatively on their chances of promotion and, moreover, the optics for the new owners would be appalling.

Can't remember exactly what makes the add-ons payable but I imagine the best scenario for us, and a not entirely implausible one, is that Leeds go up at the end of this season and that Ethan has a stellar season in the Premier League for them next year, before being departing to a top-six team in the summer of 2025 for a Kalvin Phillips-type fee.
I don't think it's been published anywhere. And as its part of the Chelsea-Leeds deal we Exeter fans have no inside track The only reason that we knew the details re Ollie's Brentford-Villa add ons was that an over-enthusiastic ECFC person posted the details, which IIRC was a breach of EFL regulations, hastily deleted and City apologised to Brentford.

Having said that, I'd be gobsmacked if at least £1m out of the potential £3m wasn't linked to Leeds getting back into the Premiership. Come on Leeds! (not a phrase I thought I'd ever utter!)

denzel

Great assist for the first goal against WCRU.
He'll probably get man of the match again if he continues like it

iscalad

Great assist for the first goal against WCRU.
He'll probably get man of the match again if he continues like it
Who or what is WCRU?

Colesman Ballz

Who or what is WCRU?
Water Closet Remains Unflushed ? Aka A turd of a team ? :unsure:

denzel

Who or what is WCRU?
Wayne Carlisle's Rotherham United.

Who against all odds have equalised

dontpassback

i understand that if leeds go up.it would be beneficial for city.how much,i have no idea

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
i understand that if leeds go up.it would be beneficial for city.how much,i have no idea
I think it's win-win for City. If Leeds don't go up there is a very high chance they will sell Ethan and we get a share of the transfer fee.

andrew p long

The deal was reported as £7m rising to £10m. Of the £3m add ons a sizeable chunk would (almost certainly) be payable in the event of promotion to the Premiership. If its £2m then that is 400k for ECFC.

Grecianman135

The deal was reported as £7m rising to £10m. Of the £3m add ons a sizeable chunk would (almost certainly) be payable in the event of promotion to the Premiership. If its £2m then that is 400k for ECFC.
That £400k will be nice for Gary,Perks and Nicho's bronze statues at SJP.. 😉🎣

Seriously most of that will probably go to the training ground for the soft play area they're installing in there for the lads as they're fed up from the rough and tumble of league football and need to go somewhere where they can't hurt themselves.. 🙃

Banksy

That £400k will be nice for Gary,Perks and Nicho's bronze statues at SJP.. 😉🎣

Seriously most of that will probably go to the training ground for the soft play area they're installing in there for the lads as they're fed up from the rough and tumble of league football and need to go somewhere where they can't hurt themselves.. 🙃
Even if we get that the club will probably still be saying there’s no money available for new signings .Makes you wonder just what will be available in January.Maybe we’ll never truly know.