• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
He really needs a move!,probably to a championship side,establish himself as a starter get playing regular it’s such a shame to see such wasted talent out having relegation battles in Italy
Should have joined Arsenal from us at least his dad was there that time coaching he’d probably be a regular in that Arsenal 11 now …..

If Elneny gets games anyone can….
IIRC he said at the time he wanted to join Chelsea as they were his favourite team.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
IIRC he said at the time he wanted to join Chelsea as they were his favourite team.
When his dad was at Arsenal.

It's 'Harry & Meghan' all over again.
Come on tabloid sportswriters. Do your stuff.

Average Joe

he’d probably be a regular in that Arsenal 11 now …..
He is not good enough for Chelsea he isn't good enough for Arsenal. I have said it for ages, he is not Prem quality. Would be an excellent championship defender.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
He is not good enough for Chelsea he isn't good enough for Arsenal. I have said it for ages, he is not Prem quality. Would be an excellent championship defender.
So an excellent Championship defender isn't good enough for the Premier League?

fred binneys head

So an excellent Championship defender isn't good enough for the Premier League?
George Friend.

Grecianman135

George Friend.
Fair point 👍

manc grecian

Maybe he's happy being on loan in a beautiful part of Italy, playing in one of the top European leagues rather than some shithole town in the championship.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe he's happy being on loan in a beautiful part of Italy, playing in one of the top European leagues rather than some shithole town in the championship.
Sounds right to me. I heard he loves Italy so probably a no brainer for him.

Bridgy 81

Sounds right to me. I heard he loves Italy so probably a no brainer for him.
With his experience in Italy last season and again this and the exposure that’ll give him there, perhaps when he’s eventually sold by Chelsea (hopefully) he might fancy a permanent switch to Serie A.
There’s been a few making that move in recent times e.g. Smalling, Abraham and Tomori, as well as to Germany amongst other European countries, so it seems like something more British players are, in my opinion, sensibly considering as an option nowadays.

DawlishBouy

He turns 22 on Thursday. Only 12 defenders younger than Ampadu have played in the Prem this season. William Saliba (21) at Arsenal and Armel Bella-Kotchap (20) at Southampton are the only centre backs younger than Ampadu playing regularly in the Prem. Way too early to be writing him off.