• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
A Welsh supporter says it all - "Chelsea must be absolutely brilliant if they cannot even find a squad number for this extremely talented player. It begs he question of why on earth did they bother to buy him in the first place?"

A very informative article; referencing extensive interest from numerous clubs, including quite a few Premier League admirers.

And 2 years left on Ethan's contract. If he refused to sign an extended contract then Chelsea would face the prospect of losing him in summer 2024 for a Tribunal determined fee (oh, the irony!)

STURTZ

Jury's out on Ampadu. On his career status he looks to have a lot of potential, on what I have seen of him, he looks very average.

denzel

A Welsh supporter says it all - "Chelsea must be absolutely brilliant if they cannot even find a squad number for this extremely talented player. It begs he question of why on earth did they bother to buy him in the first place?"

Buying players is just what they do. £200mn this Summer alone.

angelic upstart

Try a season and a half..........
Still more than a season as you'd originally said.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
A very informative article; referencing extensive interest from numerous clubs, including quite a few Premier League admirers.

And 2 years left on Ethan's contract. If he refused to sign an extended contract then Chelsea would face the prospect of losing him in summer 2024 for a Tribunal determined fee (oh, the irony!)
Yes but would not be good news for us.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jury's out on Ampadu. On his career status he looks to have a lot of potential, on what I have seen of him, he looks very average.
Time will tell how average he looks when playing in Qatar taking apart the cream of English talent.

Pobbop

Yes but would not be good news for us.
It won't happen, in the end, they'll sell him next year, if he hasn't broken through, not going to go through a lottery, but as i say, they're bound to keep him through the world cup which you'd imagine will see his profile raised. that Spezia rumour was always a joke, probably spread by spezia.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
You can argue both sides of the coin with Ampadu. On the one side he's failed to settle anywhere, clearly has never been in the Chelsea first team plans, has been relgated with teams hes with, and I have to admit that when I've seen him play he doesn't do anything to make me think he's something special, yet on the other side he's played in the top division in England, Germany and Italy at a young age, gaining vital experience, and has many caps for his country, with numerous managers and professionals within the game speaking highly of him. It's all a bit confusing.

denzel

Chelsea haven't given squad numbers to Ross Barkley, Michy Batshaui and Billy Gilmour as well.

Banksy

Chelsea haven't given squad numbers to Ross Barkley, Michy Batshaui and Billy Gilmour as well.
Do you think they might let us have Barkley on loan to liven up the transfer thread?