• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I know where I'd rather live...

I was there a little while ago and the area is stunning!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why would they do that? They want to maximise their assets, just like us. Indeed, I'd suggest that they will do whatever maximises their income, rather than what is genuinely best for the player.
Added to which they are under new ownership who aren't able to throw away cash in the same way as the previous owner.

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Added to which they are under new ownership who aren't able to throw away cash in the same way as the previous owner.

Chelsea often make money overall with their loan fees adding up to more than they paid for the initial purchase. In addition, it makes the books look better as they can give them a bigger contract and make them look like 20 million pound players.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why would they do that? They want to maximise their assets, just like us. Indeed, I'd suggest that they will do whatever maximises their income, rather than what is genuinely best for the player.
Just guessing like the rest of us, but:

Because he may not be as valuable an asset as we would like to think, at least at the moment? He is seemingly not highly regarded by their manager, and there appear to be few if any other clubs in for him? He and his agent will presumably argue for a low fee, so they can extract more in wages and signing on fees from the buying club. It's how it seems to work these days, the power is often with the player not the selling club.

However if he has another good loan then has a good World Cup, his stock may rise.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like it could be a permanent deal from this report. Maybe just at the right time!
Chelsea in a hurry to conclude Ethan Ampadu exit after opening talks with Serie A suitor (yahoo.com)

Banksy

Looks like it could be a permanent deal from this report. Maybe just at the right time!
Chelsea in a hurry to conclude Ethan Ampadu exit after opening talks with Serie A suitor (yahoo.com)
Whoopee !

Pobbop

Just guessing like the rest of us, but:

Because he may not be as valuable an asset as we would like to think, at least at the moment? He is seemingly not highly regarded by their manager, and there appear to be few if any other clubs in for him? He and his agent will presumably argue for a low fee, so they can extract more in wages and signing on fees from the buying club. It's how it seems to work these days, the power is often with the player not the selling club.

However if he has another good loan then has a good World Cup, his stock may rise.
None of that makes sense really, how do we know how many clubs may want him, he's an asset for Chelsea, earns money on loans, why would they sell him cheap, particularly as you say yourself there's a World Cup coming up, which would put him in the shop window.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
None of that makes sense really, how do we know how many clubs may want him, he's an asset for Chelsea, earns money on loans, why would they sell him cheap, particularly as you say yourself there's a World Cup coming up, which would put him in the shop window.
Tend to agree. All the more so as Spezia's record transfer fee is less than £5m and IMO Amps has to be worth more than that.

Inclined to think this won't happen but if it does then the only way it makes sense to me is if Spezia are guaranteeing Amps the game time he needs in a World Cup year and Chelsea are prepared to sell him cheaply on the basis of some kinda buy-back clause.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster

IndoMike

Tend to agree. All the more so as Spezia's record transfer fee is less than £5m and IMO Amps has to be worth more than that.

Inclined to think this won't happen but if it does then the only way it makes sense to me is if Spezia are guaranteeing Amps the game time he needs in a World Cup year and Chelsea are prepared to sell him cheaply on the basis of some kinda buy-back clause.
Spezia's ground capacity is around 11k. Can't imagine they're rolling in money