• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

Boyo

In reply to another post, I seem to recall that *Ethan chose* RB Leipzig for his first loan move. The system seems to be to allow the Chelsea player a degree of choice; subject of course to a satisfactory loan fee being paid!
Do we have any idea what a "typical" loan fee would be for a fringe player from Chelsea going overseas? And presumably, we get a slice of that?

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Do we have any idea what a "typical" loan fee would be for a fringe player from Chelsea going overseas? And presumably, we get a slice of that?
Can be quite complicated, for example his loan fee to Sheffield depended on the amount that he played, the more that he played, the bigger the discount.

andrew p long

Yep 20%. IIRC the Leipzig loan fee for Ethan was first reported as 500k, of which we would have got 100k. However the terms of the deal meant that the fee increased when he didn't play much. Loan fees for really serious players can (I think) can reach £5m.

My guess would be a repeat of the Leipzig 500k.

Colesman Ballz

Ethan was one of three Welsh players unable to play today against Belarus due to "visa problems", whatever those might have been ? Fortunately a Bale hatrick, completed in extra time gave them a 3-2 win.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Belarus sounds a dodgy place to go for anything.Probably fortunate not to be allowed in.

denzel

Belarus sounds a dodgy place to go for anything.Probably fortunate not to be allowed in.
It wasn't even played in Belarus, it was played in Russia, for some reason.

DB9

Belarus is a place where the "last" dictator resides and decided to reject an election that he lost, This is the man who ordered a plane to land to get some human rights/opposition person off the plane by saying there was a bomb on it (Nothing was found) I think there maybe some sanctions against him or the country.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
I watched most of the match and didn't even realise that.😀 Thought it was strange that there wasn't a crowd.

Oldsmobile-88

No transportation/trade links between the UK & Belarus due to sanctions applied recently.

geoffwp

I wonder if the Belarusian team were taken straight to a gulag to pay for and repent their loss. I think gulags may well be on the rise again in Putin's Russia.