• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Having already shelled out £23.5m on Rhian Brewster, not sure they're gonna have much room for manoeuvre.
Interesting isn't it. Media was full of people questioning the wisdom of shelling out £28m for Ollie Watkins from the Championship, whereas comparatively there wasn't a peep about 23.5m for Brewster, a Liverpool reserve with no goals in 14 appearances and just 10 Championship goals on loan.

Reactions: Egg

Rosencrantz

Interesting isn't it. Media was full of people questioning the wisdom of shelling out £28m for Ollie Watkins from the Championship, whereas comparatively there wasn't a peep about 23.5m for Brewster, a Liverpool reserve with no goals in 14 appearances and just 10 Championship goals on loan.
Not defending the amounts involved but Brewster's 10 goals came in 19 starts and he is an England U17 World Cup winner where he was top scorer in the competition and has been highly rated all the way through. Obviously it hasn't worked out for him at Sheffield United as of yet. If he was playing up front for Villa, who knows? Obviously Ollie has more experience. Every transfer is a gamble to some extent and there is no single route to success as Ollie has shown, as Kane had shown, as Rashford has shown.

Grecian2K

Is this going to be the fate of Ethan at Chelsea - a mere handful of appearances in 10 years before they finally release him from the "Russian Slave Camp"?
Lucas Piazon: Chelsea's longest-serving player finally departs Stamford Bridge permanently - BBC Sport

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
A test for Amps today....Kane, Son and later possibly Bale......Spurs already one nil up after 4 minutes.

Red Bill

Is this going to be the fate of Ethan at Chelsea - a mere handful of appearances in 10 years before they finally release him from the "Russian Slave Camp"?
Lucas Piazon: Chelsea's longest-serving player finally departs Stamford Bridge permanently - BBC Sport
What I've learnt from these boards is that the majority of people have no considerations in life beyond money, so based on that I expect that some will say that his time at Chelsea was worthwhile. Personally I find this incredibly sad, a young man with a failed career who's missed out on his dream simply to sign for a club like Chelsea. He'll probably never know what he might have achieved or how fulfilling his young life could have been. People will no doubt point out that he's probably earned £4-5M in his time there, but how's he going to cope when he's earning a tenth of that playing for Walsall or someone (If he makes it there)! When you take off taxes and the money he's no doubt blown simply because he was a kid with a big bank balance, what he has left certainly isn't going to keep him for the rest of his life and I doubt he know much about anything other than football

manc grecian

He's a regular in a premiership side and a regular for his country yet you think he's not going to make it at Walsall? Utter nonsense

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's a regular in a premiership side and a regular for his country yet you think he's not going to make it at Walsall? Utter nonsense
I thik RB is referring to Lucas Plazon not EA

manc grecian

Apologies if you were RB if not stick it!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Piazon has just signed a 4 year contract with a club in Portugal.

I wouldn't feel too sorry for him.

malcolms

Dont think he was...Plazon has already signed a contract with Braga in Portugal, which is quite a long way from the arse end of Birmingham