• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Personally think his debut season in the league is a huge disapointment, he looks a bit lost TBH.

Alistair20000

Personally think his debut season in the league is a huge disapointment, he looks a bit lost TBH.
My impression too.

I was surprised when I checked how few games he has played since he left us. That cannot have helped.

Trapdoor

Looks well out of his depth at Sheffield United but he's surrounded by poor players. You would have hoped that he stuck out amidst the ineptitude but hes doing too much ball watching. Would be better off dropping into the Championship and learning his trade.

Grecian Max

Matt Grimes was getting pelters at an older age than Ampadu and has found his level. Ethan is clearly a top tier player, with lots of development to go.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
from the limited amount I've seen IMO the jury is still out on Ethan Ampadu. I really, really hope he makes it long term in the PL but fear he may not.

grecIAN Harris

I think he's looked poor at centre back this season, a little better in midfield. Gotta be hard for a kid who just needs minutes on the pitch, to now be getting that for literally the poorest side in Premier League history. I'm still confident he'll spend most of his career at the top level and this year's experience will prove invaluable in the long term. If/when he goes out on loan next season, it needs to be for a settled side.
You don't remember Derby about ten years back or Sunderland before. Sheffield aren't getting the results but they aren't getting their arses kicked week in week out like Sunderland and Derby were.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
You don't remember Derby about ten years back or Sunderland before. Sheffield aren't getting the results but they aren't getting their arses kicked week in week out like Sunderland and Derby were.
Derby got 11 points in 2007/8 - 1 win, 8 draws, for 20 against 89. I never talk about this with my Rams supporting friends...

Sheffield Utd could match that the points total way things are going, though their goals against will be much better.

fred binneys head

Surprised you mentioned that Ian, given that four of Derby’s points came against Newcastle 🤣

grecIAN Harris

Surprised you mentioned that Ian, given that four of Derby’s points came against Newcastle 🤣
How do you think I remembered?

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
It will be interesting to see welcome Tis gives Amps and vice verca when they play tomorrow.