• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why won't we get any more money? If he plays for Chelsea they have to pay us more money, if they don't think he is good enough for Chelsea then he will be sold and we will get th 20% sell on. I know we got stitched up through the tribunal but to say we won't get any more money is wrong. Unless he is loaned out season after season and he runs down his contract and goes for free at 24 but I can't imagine Chelsea allowing that to happen.
You see, you didn't read my post properly and therefore make the wrong conclusion. I said the best thing to do is to write off the money rather than get irritated by the problem. Then in the future yes we might get some money, but my point is there's no point waiting on tenterhooks for it.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
How many other City players have gone on and played in a Champions League match?

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sure, but would he have learnt more at Weston super mare?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
How many other City players have gone on and played in a Champions League match?
Simon Davies is the only one I can remember. It had completely passed me be that he was recently manager of Anderlecht. He was also part of the ‘Class of 92.’
Phil King went from being a City apprentice to playing in the UEFA Cup.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nicky Marker played for Blackburn, didn't Jr?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nicky Marker played for Blackburn, didn't Jr?
Yes, I think he played one Champions League game for them.

Rosencrantz

You see, you didn't read my post properly and therefore make the wrong conclusion. I said the best thing to do is to write off the money rather than get irritated by the problem. Then in the future yes we might get some money, but my point is there's no point waiting on tenterhooks for it.
You might have put it better with "be patient" rather than "write the money off" on this occasion, it catches the eye 😉. People are wanting too much, too soon. Ethan played tonight like he was in slippers with a good pipe on the go (or like Woody!). The only thing he seemed a bit wrong footed with were actually long straight balls to head clear.

He will either play a load for Chelsea and we get the appearance money (still nowhere near his value) or Chelsea will sell for a high fee (like Ake). They certainly won't take a hit on him if they can help it. Hopefully obviously they will do both 🙏

IndoMike

You might have put it better with "be patient" rather than "write the money off" on this occasion, it catches the eye 😉. People are wanting too much, too soon. Ethan played tonight like he was in slippers with a good pipe on the go (or like Woody!). The only thing he seemed a bit wrong footed with were actually long straight balls to head clear.

He will either play a load for Chelsea and we get the appearance money (still nowhere near his value) or Chelsea will sell for a high fee (like Ake). They certainly won't take a hit on him if they can help it. Hopefully obviously they will do both 🙏
Yes, patience is what I meant. Hopefully Lampard will bring him back to the Chelsea fold assuming he is still Chelsea manager next season and he'll start to get some chances. But an extension of his loan at Leipzig or to a different club is not beyond the realms of possibility.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Aside from one missed header which nearly let Spurs in (by the looks he might have left it after getting a shout) he was outstanding last night.

Not Champions League, but can anyone guess the player who we signed but let go without playing a match, who a couple of seasons back played against Arsenal in the Europa League?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
There must also be a reasonable chance that Leipzig sign him this summer as they seem to view him as a long-term project.
I know it's not cool to quote my own post but just wondering if Leipzig did try and sign Ethan, what sort of fee they would have to pay.