• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
That's because the dreads have gone.
Yes I know..... Hence the exclamation msrk

CityTillIDie

Dreads were a trademark:(

GJW

andrew p long

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere but Chelsea very often demand a fee for loaning out players, £1m + a season for Tammy Abrahams in the past. Whilst I appreciate any fee for Ethan isn't going to be in this region, any fee would go a way towards covering the £1.3m I believe Chelsea have to rake in first before we get a cut.
Yes IIRC it was something like 500-750k. Much less than might be expected.

so nothing for us from the loan fee. And nothing for Ethan’s appearances in either the Champions League or the Euro Nations 2020 Qualifying games.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Grecians - until Chelski start to play him in their first team (as Conte did) we have no hope of getting the windfall to keep ECFC afloat in 2 years time. All we can do is sit back and watch the new Welsh Bobby Moore evolve slower than he should.

Please support Save Exeter City Football Academy (SECFA) by doing all you can to spread the word that the Premier League has effectively chosen to close lower league academies - see BBC article here https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51134903 and listen to following plea on Radio 5 Live 606 https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000ffrn . Listen to this (from 28min 30 sec) if you support lower leagues
UTC

IndoMike

I think the wise thing for us to do is to write off any dreams of receiving any more money from Chelsea, rather than get irritated about it
From the time the episode started it was clear that Chelsea were not going to act in any ethical kind of way (let alone generous) and enjoyed flexing their muscles against a minnow club.
The fact that they have been banned from making any signings due to "irregularities" emphasises the type of club it is
Hopefully Karma will get them and they won"t make the top 4. Cheapskates.

A Slacker

Ethan has been outstanding so far tonight. Looks calm, comfortable and totally in control. What a player.

However it’s no wonder he has struggled to get a game - Leipzig have been excellent in every department.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think the wise thing for us to do is to write off any dreams of receiving any more money from Chelsea, rather than get irritated about it
From the time the episode started it was clear that Chelsea were not going to act in any ethical kind of way (let alone generous) and enjoyed flexing their muscles against a minnow club.
The fact that they have been banned from making any signings due to "irregularities" emphasises the type of club it is
Chelski Skates !

Coppers

Why won't we get any more money? If he plays for Chelsea they have to pay us more money, if they don't think he is good enough for Chelsea then he will be sold and we will get th 20% sell on. I know we got stitched up through the tribunal but to say we won't get any more money is wrong. Unless he is loaned out season after season and he runs down his contract and goes for free at 24 but I can't imagine Chelsea allowing that to happen.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why won't we get any more money? If he plays for Chelsea they have to pay us more money, if they don't think he is good enough for Chelsea then he will be sold and we will get th 20% sell on. I know we got stitched up through the tribunal but to say we won't get any more money is wrong. Unless he is loaned out season after season and he runs down his contract and goes for free at 24 but I can't imagine Chelsea allowing that to happen.
There must also be a reasonable chance that Leipzig sign him this summer as they seem to view him as a long-term project.