• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

Pobbop

Indeed , it could well be that Ollie will soon be playing regularly in the Premiershite with the course he has taken , but Ethan . Well who knows eh? Still , I suppose he won’t care with the pay deal he’ll be on.
He is 4 years younger than Ollie, has played in the Prem, Champions League, and for his country, even if that is only Wales.

I will admit the last 2 years haven't been stellar, and he needs games, rather than bench time, but with the injuries he has picked up over these 2 years, maybe a crunching season in the Championship would have been counter-productive too.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
He is 4 years younger than Ollie, has played in the Prem, Champions League, and for his country, even if that is only Wales.

I will admit the last 2 years haven't been stellar, and he needs games, rather than bench time, but with the injuries he has picked up over these 2 years, maybe a crunching season in the Championship would have been counter-productive too.
Accept what you say about Ethan which is why I said ‘soon be playing regularly’ in the case of Ollie.Who knows , just have a gut feeling he will make it really good which will mean a nice sum winging our way. But it will be interesting seeing who starts the most Premiership games in the next few seasons.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Leipzig have arguably exceeded expectations this season and maybe Ethan may have had more opportunites if they weren’t doing so well. Even so, the loan still doesn’t make much sense unless they are planning to sign him next summer, but then why not just buy him last summer.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Amps on the bench again tonight....Leipzig winning 2-1 and currently 5 points clear at the top.

Red Devon

Amps on the bench again tonight....Leipzig winning 2-1 and currently 5 points clear at the top.

SB - Can see him going back to Chelsea and being sold in the summer it’s not really happening for him at Leipzig.

Grecian Max

Sad to see Red Bull do that in the Bundesliga, devalues it somewhat when a made up team does that. Not hugely different to Man City and PSG I guess though, just the identity stripping element is particularly galling to see

As for Ethan, he maybe should have gone on loan to Championship side... it's helped Abrahams kick on massively.

Corey

There’s still loads of time for Ethan. He is only 19

Red Monster

SB - Can see him going back to Chelsea and being sold in the summer it’s not really happening for him at Leipzig.
Blimey it ain’t that bad he’s getting into the match day squad
of the leaders of the Bundesliga,quite a achievement.

He’s still only 19 a full Wales international,no way Lampard
with get rid of him.

Red Bill

I'm pretty pessimistic about our chances of us ever seeing another penny from Ampadu. He's barely played since leaving us. I know the Welsh like him but no disrespect to them but there have been some very mediocre players who have regularly made the Wales squad in the past.
It's looking like another perfect example of how our ridiculous set up with the Premier League kills the potential of talented British youngsters. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him continuing to float around on the fringes at Chelsea with maybe the odd sub appearance until his contract runs out, only to be released and get picked up by a Championship side. Yes he's sill only 19 but is he really going to progress or even keep up without playing competitive football?
I think the leap from L2 to the premier league is just too great, especially when it's at such a young age and a player has to shine compared to all the other young talent hoovered up by these big clubs from all over the world.
I hope i'm wrong but I wouldn’tbe surprised if this thread is still going in a couple of years time with no obvious signs of light at the end of the tunnel!

geoffwp

Ben Chrisene and other academy youngsters, read and learn.