• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Big premiershiite club buys talented young player for peanuts in instalments from lower league club to prevent them having to play against him at another premiershiite club and so as to slow down the instalments yet further they send him out on loan in a different country shocker !

Good for the lad getting to see a bit of the wider footballing world and earning a few quid for his future , Just hope this sort of thing doesn't happen to us again with someone coming through the ranks like Ethan.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Whatever happens you can bet it will shaft our deal in some way.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought loan appearances counted towards our financial installments? Don't see why playing abroad would affect this.

Ash

I thought loan appearances counted towards our financial installments? Don't see why playing abroad would affect this.
Loan appearances, whether for a team in England or elsewhere, do not count towards the financial installments due. If all goes well at Leipzig he should come back in a better position to challenge for 1st team games, or to be sold on. Both scenarios may benefit us so this is a great move for Ethan and Exeter City.

Corey

I see this as a good move for Ethan and eventually for us. Leipzig will be able to give him valuable game time which will make him a better player, and if he likes it there and performs well maybe they’ll buy him next summer for £10 - £20 million. Quite a few young British talents have gone to Germany and done quite well, think Ethan could be the next one.

andrew p long

They don’t. It’s appearances for Chelsea that count. See the post from JW on the previous page.

Pobbop

Really ambitious from Ethan this, and shows that he is not being complcent, in the long run it could earn us Millions. I actually think he could end up as a holding midfielder, but we'll see.

All a bit different from when I used to see him in the BHL LiDl.

Colesman Ballz

They don’t. It’s appearances for Chelsea that count. See the post from JW on the previous page.
Depending on the size of the "Loan fee" might we still be entitled to receive a percentage of it ? If it exceeds the amount that they have already paid us (c£1.3M ?) I thought we were entitled to 20% of any surplus ? So for arguments sake if the loan fee was £2M for the season, we would be in line for 20% of £700k, of course if the fee is £1.3M or less, we would be due diddly squat !

Confused of Countess Wear.

andrew p long

Depending on the size of the "Loan fee" might we still be entitled to receive a percentage of it ? If it exceeds the amount that they have already paid us (c£1.3M ?) I thought we were entitled to 20% of any surplus ? So for arguments sake if the loan fee was £2M for the season, we would be in line for 20% of £700k, of course if the fee is £1.3M or less, we would be due diddly squat !

That is how I understand it. Hoping that it’s a £2m loan fee and that we get 140k as a result. I assume City will be all over finding out what the loan fee is.

IndoMike

You're not confused: you're right.