• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
How much have we actually received for Ampadu so far? Probably it's been mentioned but I forget.

ExeterCityLad

Presumably their stat is only league appearances? He has made one of those (against Huddersfield last season).
That sounds about right. Not sure where else to look for his total appearances though?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Soccerbase should have it?

ExeterCityLad

Soccerbase should have it?
So it does. Cheers Jason

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
That sounds about right. Not sure where else to look for his total appearances though?
Soccer Base has one PL appearance as a sub, 3 FA Cup and 3 League Cup appearances, 2 starts in each. Total 7 first team.

andrew p long

Soccer Base has one PL appearance as a sub, 3 FA Cup and 3 League Cup appearances, 2 starts in each. Total 7 first team.
That is the correct figure and the one on which appearance related add ons is based.

In answer to Mike we have become entitled to £1.3m so far. It is irritating that so many reports say the fee was set at £2.5m by the Tribunal. We only get to 2.5m when Ethan has played in 50 competitive first team matches; at current rates that could be a long time coming..

IndoMike

That is the correct figure and the one on which appearance related add ons is based.

In answer to Mike we have become entitled to £1.3m so far. It is irritating that so many reports say the fee was set at £2.5m by the Tribunal. We only get to 2.5m when Ethan has played in 50 competitive first team matches; at current rates that could be a long time coming..
Thanks, Andrew. Peanuts, isn't it? Crumbs from the table

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster

True but did the Tribunal set an overall maximum. If so I would have thought they exceeded their remit. Surely the more games that Amps plays the more it would show his worth. Although playing devil’s advocate I guess Chelsea would argue that such further progress would be down to the efforts of their own coaches.

Colesman Ballz

True but did the Tribunal set an overall maximum. If so I would have thought they exceeded their remit. Surely the more games that Amps plays the more it would show his worth. Although playing devil’s advocate I guess Chelsea would argue that such further progress would be down to the efforts of their own coaches.
Yes there is a maximum no of games which is where the £2.5m maximum comes in. The only variable is the 20% sell on fee. which is in addition to the fees accrued, ie if they sold him now we would be left with the £1.3M already received plus 20% of their profit. So if they sold him for £1.5M it would be £40k, or if for £21.3M it would £4M ! At least that's how I think it works ! (boffin)

Banksy

Let's hope he goes to West Ham soon then!