• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

Its a tough one this. On one hand I doubt he will ever play a game for Chelsea. On the other hand 'their' youth players usually end up getting decent football league careers elsewhere after top level coaching.

Personally if the option was there I would choose Arsenal or Liverpool or Spurs everytime ahead of the rest but who knows what options were available.

If I was the club I would try and get a friendly against Chelsea and a decent sell on clause rather than go to tribunal. Worth a go.

Steve Moran3

Milts I have said this for a while. He's actually made us look like fools. Using our academy and not ever once giving any hope of signing on. Out of respect he should have with a move in mind. Disrespectfull if you ask me
I heard that him and his family are great people and in return for what Tis and the Academy have done for him have always wanted the club to get a good deal for him. Don't read too much in to the fact he hadn't signed for us. Of course we'll have to wait and see if that's true but I don't think it's fair to say he's treated us like mugs.

Angus

Everyone saying he won't get a chance are wrong. He's predicted to go "all the way" the next top player. That's why one of the world's best teams want him and have got him. If he doesn't make it he sure will at some club. Moving to one of the world's top clubs is hardly a bad move. Well done Ethan

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Milts I have said this for a while. He's actually made us look like fools. Using our academy and not ever once giving any hope of signing on. Out of respect he should have with a move in mind. Disrespectfull if you ask me
The disrespectful one is you.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Everyone saying he won't get a chance are wrong. He's predicted to go "all the way" the next top player. That's why one of the world's best teams want him and have got him. If he doesn't make it he sure will at some club. Moving to one of the world's top clubs is hardly a bad move. Well done Ethan
As well as being disrespectful in your earlier post, you managed to completely contradict yourself in this post and ended up agreeing with those you said were wrong for saying he wouldn't make it.

I think the point people are making is not a sleight on Ethan's ability rather it's a valid commentary on how few progress to Chelsea's first team.

budegrecian

I heard that him and his family are great people and in return for what Tis and the Academy have done for him have always wanted the club to get a good deal for him. Don't read too much in to the fact he hadn't signed for us. Of course we'll have to wait and see if that's true but I don't think it's fair to say he's treated us like mugs.
I've heard the same thing, via someone in the academy set up. I hope & trust it is correct as, together with the expected fee for Ollie, it will set the club up financially for many a year.

ECFC89

I think we're ****ed personally.

ECFC89

Also, we all know the fee will be undisclosed, so we on exeweb can squabble for the next six months over what we definitely, are really sure, the exact total is....

Pobbop

I think we're ****ed personally.
How are we ****ed exactly, we recieve an amount of money, proving that are yoof system carries on working, it seems an odd version of ****ed to me. Unless you are using it for the pleasurable way, in that case maybe.