• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

budegrecian

Liverpool are ruled out of the race to sign our young Welsh boy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39508491
Not really. The 2nd year is suspended, so they can throw £5 mill our way at the end of, say, next season, if they're still interested. :D

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Let's hope we get a decent fee, but I think we'll be disappointed. I just hope Ethan is able to progress rather then simply stuck in their youth system, and never to get to the first team.

http://www.exeweb.com/2017/07/01/ethan-ampadu-signs-for-chelsea/

Angus

To be fair they like to loan youth players out. Two years ago they had over twenty youth players on loan to other clubs. I'd like to see him go to Chelsea as we may get him back for a year

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well, best of luck to the lad, he's a great prospect. Not sure Chelsea is the right club though. They don't have much of a history of bringing on Academy players. Shame we won't get a fee, only compensation. Still I'm sure Kwame gave him some advice on this.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hope he likes Belgium.

andrew p long

oh no....we've done the stuff about EPPP to death on here, but the EPPP compensation is minimal (100k ish) compared to what he's worth.

We can only hope that Ethan and Kwame have generously decided to exert some influence over Chelsea's attitude.

Not sure its a good move for Ethan. He'd get plenty of experience against men playing for City; conversely and notoriously Chelsea don't have anyone left in their first team who has come through their ranks

milts

Disappointed that he didn't see us right by signing a deal so we could get compensation. He'll rarely play at Chelsea.

STURTZ

Terrible news.

Angus

Milts I have said this for a while. He's actually made us look like fools. Using our academy and not ever once giving any hope of signing on. Out of respect he should have with a move in mind. Disrespectfull if you ask me

jimbo-gould

I was really hoping any club but Chelsea. I hope you likes playing in Belgium or the U23's.