Ethan Ampadu off to Chelsea

Snoop Fog

I thought loan appearances counted towards our financial installments? Don't see why playing abroad would affect this.

Ash

I thought loan appearances counted towards our financial installments? Don't see why playing abroad would affect this.
Loan appearances, whether for a team in England or elsewhere, do not count towards the financial installments due. If all goes well at Leipzig he should come back in a better position to challenge for 1st team games, or to be sold on. Both scenarios may benefit us so this is a great move for Ethan and Exeter City.

Corey

I see this as a good move for Ethan and eventually for us. Leipzig will be able to give him valuable game time which will make him a better player, and if he likes it there and performs well maybe they’ll buy him next summer for £10 - £20 million. Quite a few young British talents have gone to Germany and done quite well, think Ethan could be the next one.

Pobbop

Really ambitious from Ethan this, and shows that he is not being complcent, in the long run it could earn us Millions. I actually think he could end up as a holding midfielder, but we'll see.

All a bit different from when I used to see him in the BHL LiDl.

Colesman Ballz

Well-known Exeweb poster
They don’t. It’s appearances for Chelsea that count. See the post from JW on the previous page.
Depending on the size of the "Loan fee" might we still be entitled to receive a percentage of it ? If it exceeds the amount that they have already paid us (c£1.3M ?) I thought we were entitled to 20% of any surplus ? So for arguments sake if the loan fee was £2M for the season, we would be in line for 20% of £700k, of course if the fee is £1.3M or less, we would be due diddly squat !

Confused of Countess Wear.

andrew p long

Well-known Exeweb poster
Depending on the size of the "Loan fee" might we still be entitled to receive a percentage of it ? If it exceeds the amount that they have already paid us (c£1.3M ?) I thought we were entitled to 20% of any surplus ? So for arguments sake if the loan fee was £2M for the season, we would be in line for 20% of £700k, of course if the fee is £1.3M or less, we would be due diddly squat !

That is how I understand it. Hoping that it’s a £2m loan fee and that we get 140k as a result. I assume City will be all over finding out what the loan fee is.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster

You're not confused: you're right.

hienzeECFC

Coleman Ballz - I assure you the confusion here in Clapham is greater than that in Countess Wear.

I doubt very much that we will see any payment from the loan fee. Even a sum of £2m will be made up in part by his wages.

Lets say the Loan fee is £2m, half of which is made up with Ethan's wages, we will have £1m knocked off the 'after profit' element of his sell on clause. (random figures) So when he does eventually move, we will have made a dent in the 'deduction' from the sell on clause, i.e a £10m transfer would net us 20% of £9.7m (£1.94m) rather than 20% of £8.7m (£1.74m).

Where it does get fun is if Chelsea are able to structure this, and any future payment in Euro's rather than Sterling. What with the £ being in the toilet, we might benefit more from Ampadu moving abroad, but it would depend on the terms of the tribunal 'deal'. It may be that the payment knocked off the 'after profit' element is in fact € 1m rather than £1m, but as we arent seeing any of that now, does it go on the ledger of the tribunals deal at todays exchange rate or the exchange rate if and when Ampadu moves? We also dont know if Ampadu's wages will be paid in € or £ so that will have an impact on the original deduction.

To sum up: I haven't the foggiest what's going on.