• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

England's Ashes Test Team

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Smith and Labuschagne must be got out soon.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I see No Pants has become No Sleep - Joe Denly missing the action currently as his Missus has just given birth.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good to see young Curran causing Smith a problem or two.

IndoMike

But of course this exercise is to pick the XI of this Ashes, otherwise Anderson should be in there despite only featuring for five minutes. Agreed Warner is *normally* better than Denly.

Archer has blown hot and cold for me - the others have been more hot than cold.
Maybe we both have to think twice about not selecting Archer for our combined team 😂
But I'm glad that Curran got 3 wickets ; since the season started I've been saying better to have him in the team rather than a batsman who contributes nothing.
At least all the poor batting ensures there will be a result.
Good comeback by England!

geoffwp

Here we go then, last chance for some to prove they do have 5 day batting credentials and that when the Aussies are involved they don't always freeze like rabbits in a headlight. Not holding my breath mind.

IndoMike

Burns out. Root just out. Denly battling bravely as his ballz become a target for those nasty Aussie bowlers. Lets hope there's no collapse.

Colesman Ballz

Burns out. Root just out. Denly battling bravely as his ballz become a target for those nasty Aussie bowlers. Lets hope there's no collapse.
Not a bad days effort so far, making it through to the new ball with half your wickets intact. A handy 350 odd lead already, let's hope that the tail wags steadily and that Jack gets the Aussie bowlers all "steamed up" in frustration !

IndoMike

Not a bad days effort so far, making it through to the new ball with half your wickets intact. A handy 350 odd lead already, let's hope that the tail wags steadily and that Jack gets the Aussie bowlers all "steamed up" in frustration !
It's been a good day. Buttler and Denly have finally hit good form : what a pity they couldn't have performed better from the start!
We should have a big lead of 400 or more. The Aussies will probably have time to get them, but looks like the wicket's taking a bit of spin and "we've got Jofri Archer", so I doubt that they will.
A drawn series us better than a lost series, but we were the home team and we haven't regained the Ashes.
We what happens tomorrow.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Just seen the BBC publish a stat saying the the average Aussie opening partnership is just 13 runs.

I do expect Steve Smith to get man of the series.

geoffwp

Just seen the BBC publish a stat saying the the average Aussie opening partnership is just 13 runs.

I do expect Steve Smith to get man of the series.
A pack of 300 grit sandpaper sheets from B&Q.