• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

England's Ashes Test Team

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'll be able to watch the highlights now, after that recovery. Glad there wasn't time for us to have a bat.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loved the quip that someone made about Jofra and Broad covering over the cracks in the England team whilst Warner was sand papering over those of the Aussies ! Made oi larf !

geoffwp

All we need now is for the England top 4 to go for 60 or less by lunch tomorrow and normality will be restored.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
All we need now is for the England top 4 to go for 60 or less by lunch tomorrow and normality will be restored.
Geoffrey, you seem to be a doom and gloom merchant these days, what has happened to those rose tinted spectacles you used to swagger around in, did Tisdale take them to MK ?

geoffwp

Geoffrey, you seem to be a doom and gloom merchant these days, what has happened to those rose tinted spectacles you used to swagger around in, did Tisdale take them to MK ?
Oh do **** off monkey boy, you are getting to be a decidedly boring stalker.

IndoMike

Normally one would feel confident after bowling out the Aussies for 170, but with our batting you have to be cautious.
Great bowling by Archer (and Broad).
I reckon if we can get a 100 run lead in the 1st innings that will be enough. I've got a feeling that Buttler will score 50 today, especially since he knows his place might be on the line.
C'mon you Englanders!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I had to laugh (this should also go in the "Things that amuse you" thread on the Social Club). I had the TV on SSN last night and they mentioned Archer - the Missus said "Jeffrey Archer?" and I replied that I bet he'd claim to have taken 6/45.

A little while later and I was in the smallest room perusing the latest Private Eye, and lo and behold, what should be in there?

"How I Won the Ashes" by Joffrey Archer!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
you are getting to be a decidedly boring stalker.
The irony here kills me !!!!

🐒

geoffwp

:sleep: zzzzzzzz

Alistair20000

My day 4 ticket is looking a potentially bad purchase right now. :(