• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

England's Ashes Test Team

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
50 for Burns.

Excellent.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes, good work from Burns and the much maligned Denly. Would like to see them bat right through the next session at least.
Well that put the knockers on Denly !

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
136 - 5, are we collapsing with minimal fight yet again ?

IndoMike

The
136 - 5, are we collapsing with minimal fight yet again ?
The main problem is that Roy (not yet) and Denley just don't have the technique. Buttler is giving his wicket away cheaply, too. The top 5 batsmen don't inspire any confidence at all, although Burns is earning his corn. The Aussies must fancy their chances with every ball. Can't see us winning a single test.(hope I live to be embarrassed by this comment.

IndoMike

200-6 makes the score a little bit more respectable. Well done to Woakes and Bairstow for showing some discipline and not playing stupid shots.
Our opening batsmen are letting our bowlers down constantly. Something must be done.
Exasperated from Exeter

Alistair20000

Just had a quiet hour and a half with a cup of the old chai in front of the TV and saw three wickets go followed by a decent 60+ partnership from Woakes and Bairstow.

Buttler caught on the crease again neither playing a shot nor getting his bat out of the way. Error of judgment from Ben Stokes missing the ball while sweeping.

With Jack Leach to come at 11 all is not lost (y)

Alistair20000

258 all out. Would have liked another 50+ but from 138-6 it represents a bit of a recovery. Need to bowl well to stay in the game.

Shame Jonny Bairstow failed to stay in to support Jack Leach. :(

Alistair20000

Broad cleans up ******** (y)

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
That doesn't narrow it down ;)

Colesman Ballz

I find this post very irritating, not from its sentiment, but purely because it got through the swear filter, whereas when I post about the legendary City Keeper Dick Pym, I am pulled up for foul play !

Last edited by a moderator: