• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ENGLAND V SWEDEN Prediction & Discussion

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
All this talk by the pundits about an easy run to the final , I'm sure the Swedes will have something to say about that.No stars as such but a very streetwise united team.Shut our Harry out and they'll pinch it and leave us thinking what could have been.
However , even if we got to the final there's no way I reckon we'd beat the Belgium buns.
To be fair Banksy the pundits have said all the teams on that side of the draw have an "Easier" run to the final not just England, The fact is probably this is best chance for us to reach a final without playing one of the big boys and that goes for the others too

IndoMike

To be fair Banksy the pundits have said all the teams on that side of the draw have an "Easier" run to the final not just England, The fact is probably this is best chance for us to reach a final without playing one of the big boys and that goes for the others too
The fact is that the big boys are no longer big boys. There's a new order. A big name doesn't mean anything any more : the tiddlers have caught up.

elginCity

The fact is that the big boys are no longer big boys. There's a new order. A big name doesn't mean anything any more : the tiddlers have caught up.
Twaddle. Brazil and Germany between them wear nine stars on their chest, and it'll take more than this WC blip to suggest they're no longer the 'big boys' in the playground.

Stelios

Sweden obviously a good team considering they knocked Holland out in qualifiers, beat Italy in play-off and beat Mexico 3-0 in the group stage.

I don't think Eng have quite 'clicked' yet for 90 minutes but why not today? Dele Ali clearly not fit which has been really holding us back I feel. Surprised he's just been announced in the team. Get Loftus Cheek or Delph on early if he starts jogging around.

We need to create more pressure and more chances. It's all been little flashes here and there (after a good first 20 minutes).

Alistair20000

Twaddle. Brazil and Germany between them wear nine stars on their chest, and it'll take more than this WC blip to suggest they're no longer the 'big boys' in the playground.
Yep agreed. In true Arnie fashion they will "be back."

Worried about Alli and Sterling being in the team. Would have dropped them both but now is their big opportunity to step up and prove Gareth right.

Alistair20000

A rather insipid Swedish anthem. Something from ABBA would have been better. And something from the Stranglers in place of our dirge.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Happily that's my prediction up the Swanee :)

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
" The linesman isn't allowed to flag for offside"

Nope, sorry you've got me there.

IndoMike

Twaddle yourself. The "big boys" can't get better but the small teams can and are. You some kind of football guru?