• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

England v Italy Euro 2020 Final: Match Day Thread

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Those last two of our penalty takers should never have been allowed to take them having come on specifically for that purpose. Just because they take good penaltys generally doesnt mean they can come onto the pitch and do it with little or no warm up! All three were ghastly misses, particularly Rashfords; what was that all about FFS!
That pen shootout could put race relations back a bit, lolz

What angered me most was seeing Rashford instantly take his losers medal off. He should be paraded around with it for a month, with sack cloth and ashes.

dontpassback

We sat back and tried to see it out,Mancini changed his team,while Southgate hesitated,but as others have said,it’s a young team and the World Cup will be something to look forward to with this group of England players !

Rosencrantz

Yeah. 56 years, 59 years....

Lolz
I'm a cynic and I don't care, it helps keep me from despair 😉

Mr Jinx

I'm a cynic and I don't care, it helps keep me from despair 😉
The way I see it is that it's akin to giving a monkey a typewriter. Just a shame I'll never see it happen in my lifetime.

We came close after a lucky run, before waistcoat got found out.

Banksy

Yeah. 56 years, 59 years....

Lolz
Have to say I’m beginning to wonder if I’ll see it again.Still I did see the two Bobbys and Nobby do it in ‘66 on my trustee old black and white tele.Guess I should be content with that.

geoffwp

Have to say I’m beginning to wonder if I’ll see it again.Still I did see the two Bobbys and Nobby do it in ‘66 on my trustee old black and white tele.Guess I should be content with that.
Those were two very good films . Did something else happen?😆
I never expect anything of England football teams, it helps no end as it's likely they will never win anything other than the single success that I managed to miss as well!! The world goes on.

Banksy

Those were two very good films . Did something else happen?😆
I never expect anything of England football teams, it helps no end as it's likely they will never win anything other than the single success that I managed to miss as well!! The world goes on.
My post #45 sums it up. Bad decisions made sadly.Not quite the finished article. Glad you liked the films.👌

Mr Jinx

But in a way, losing is kind of a comfort zone for me now wrt England. So I'll sleep ok tonight, put it that way. Unlike the penalty missers, lolz.

Mr Jinx

Sterling - "player of the tournament"? Do us a favour.

I mean seriously? Totally anonymous tonight before chickening out on the penalty shootout.

I don't blame Saka. I blame Raheem (and Gareth 'Tisdale' Southgate of course).

STURTZ

Sterling - "player of the tournament"? Do us a favour.

I mean seriously? Totally anonymous tonight before chickening out on the penalty shootout.

I don't blame Saka. I blame Raheem (and Gareth 'Tisdale' Southgate of course).
I was thinking there's a lot of Tisdale in Southgate. Failing to make changes, even though it's obvious to everybody that things aren't working being the main one.

Reactions: DB9