• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

England v Denmark

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I believe this will be our finalised 23 man squad:

Goalkeepers:
Joe Hart
Fraser Forster
Ben Foster

Defenders:
Glen Johnson
Kyle Walker
Phil Jones
Chris Smalling
Phil Jagielka
Gary Cahill
Leighton Baines
Ashley Cole

Midfielders:
Raheem Sterling
Andros Townsend
Steven Gerrard
Ross Barkley
Michael Carrick
Jack Wilsere
Alex Oxlade Chamberlain
Adam Lallana

Strikers:
Wayne Rooney
Danny Welbeck
Daniel Sturridge
Ricky Lambert

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Chris Smalling ? please god no - terrible , terrible footballer...his distribution against Denmark was like Steve Tully

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Chris Smalling ? please god no - terrible , terrible footballer...his distribution against Denmark was like Steve Tully
Completely agree. However, Unfortunately I believe he is a certainty to be taken(n)

Grecian_Jay

And Andros Townsend wasn't?
He played for about 3minutes!

Bittners a Legend

Cannot believe some of you guys think Milner won't (or shouldn't) go to Brazil. I imagine he will probably start in at least two of the group games. He might not be fashionable amongst the footballing fraternity but neither Townsend nor Sterling are anywhere near him at the moment (although I concede the latter has looked very promising in recent weeks). Doesn't Townsend have 0 assists this season? Milner is much more than a work horse - the guy has plenty of ability - and was class at Villa. That he has survived at City while the likes of Rodwell have disappeared from the 18 should give you a hint to his talent. I agree there are some highly questionable selections from the supposed top clubs but Milner is decent and well worthy of a place in the 23 ahead of some of the names bandied about.

grecIAN Harris

He played for about 3minutes!
I'm not on about the Denmark game, I'm on about the last game he started in where he tore his opposing full back to pieces in the same kind of manner that Sterling has for Liverpool. Townsend played in the manner that got him in the squad in the first place.
Bitts, yes he probably will. Yet another player underrated by fools who don't appreciate what he does bring to the side because it doesn't come with bling on it.

Antony Moxey

Looking at Credys squad, I'd be looking to get Tom Huddlestone on the plane. In the heat and humidity of Brazil we're going to need players who know how to look after the ball and make the ball do the work. Huddlestone is one of those sorts of players.
Aaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Comedy genius Harris!!!

grecIAN Harris

Do share your in depth (??????????????) reasons as to why not beyond 'I fink ee's cr@p coz he only plays for 'ull'.

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

Why, if you genuinely think he's good enough then anything beyond that reasoning is way beyond you.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Harris Huddlestone is a million miles away from the squad , he's a decent player , but he's not England class , never has never will be.

He hasn't featured for England for 2 years - the chances of him going to the world cup are about as likely as Tisdale sending out an attacking line up.