• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

England v Denmark: Match Day Thread

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I am a tad surprised that Pate has not given his view on whether Pickford should have saved the free kick or not.

i8cornwall

Just give Italy the trophy now!

Trapdoor

As we all know, new Wembley as an arena sucks balls. Last night was the first and only time I have ever experienced a quality atmosphere there. It was genuinely bouncing, not something I normally associate with England games.

tavyred

With Pickford, it wasn't just the goal. He made a couple of clangers before that which the Danes didn't have the wherewithal to finish off. I agree that he needs to have a blemish free night, but I suspect the bigger the game, the more nervous he gets.
Sunday will test your theory on Pickford I suppose. Denmark are the 10th best team in the world according to the FIFA rankings, if they weren’t good enough to punish Pickford’s rickets then it ain’t England’s problem.

Avening Posse

I've always been a hopeless optimistic when it comes to City and England, but I genuinely believe with no bias that the England team and squad are more than capable of beating Italy. I watched the Spain Italy game, Italy left loads of space at the back, and if the Spanish strikers were a bit better (or a bit better on the night) Italy would have lost comfortably. I never thought I would say this, but we appear to play like Germany currently, and have that confidence about us. It's coming home for me

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've always been a hopeless optimistic when it comes to City and England, but I genuinely believe with no bias that the England team and squad are more than capable of beating Italy. I watched the Spain Italy game, Italy left loads of space at the back, and if the Spanish strikers were a bit better (or a bit better on the night) Italy would have lost comfortably. I never thought I would say this, but we appear to play like Germany currently, and have that confidence about us. It's coming home for me
And Italy have got this far in spite of having a decent striker.

Rosencrantz

Denmark are being seriously underrated as a team by some. Since going out on penalties to Croatia (finalists) in the 2018 WC they had only lost three times before the start of this tournament and two of those was against Belgium. We all know what happened in the first game of this tournament and then Belgium again although the Danes ripped Belgium apart in the first half.

They might have few star names but as a team in the last few years they have been very tough to beat. Along with Italy and England, they got to the semi's because they were one of the best team's rather than the biggest and most talented collection of names.

Grecian2K

I'm assuming Mr Jinx is having a mischief making laugh?
I think not! Jinxy just wants us "out of Europe", period.
Poor chap. It's in his DNA! :)

Colesman Ballz

That was pitiful. I am embarrassed to be an England fan tonight.

To sneak a win against that bunch of amateurs, and with a dodgy penalty too, one that Harry effectively missed....I mean, where do you start.

Denmark were hyped up, but let's face it, they were little more than Wales with a better goalie. Apart from their goal, they were less than nothing, and we still struggled. Gareth "Tisdale" Southgate got found out tonight, again. The Italian team must be laughing into their Peroni's tonight.

England will get mullered on Sunday.
Is that right Hamish ! Dinnae worry laddie, it will be all reet on the night ! 😎

les.gtfc

Bloody idiots!! I hope they find out who it is and ban the idiot for life.