• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

El Capitano

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster

CWH-NYC_

Seems a very sensible choice. Happy with that.

Alistair20000

Very much deserved (y)

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fair one. I'm not really bothered by who's captain

budegrecian

I really like MJ; intelligent guy & player. However, this contradicts what MT was saying back in the close season about a captain coming from one of our new signings.
Obviously we've missed out on George Friend too..:unsure:

andrew p long

I can see MT's cunning plan.

In 2012 Grounds left Middlesborough and was replaced by George Friend

In 2020 Grounds left Birmingham City and was replaced by George Friend

In 2022.....

Banksy

I really like MJ; intelligent guy & player. However, this contradicts what MT was saying back in the close season about a captain coming from one of our new signings.
Obviously we've missed out on George Friend too..:unsure:
We seem to have missed out on the world and his wife this window.Thought we might have had better bargaining power with the extra Ollie money we ( might ) have had available. Guess I expected too much yet again.

MerleyRed

"Guess I expected too much yet again".

You are not alone Banksy, but then we only expected what we were promised. I have backed MT from day one, but am beginning to wonder if my trust in him has been misplaced. There are too many contradictions. Earlier in pre-season he indicated that a new signing with leadership qualities would be captain, now it is MJ. The new left back will not have the legs to play every game, so if as we suspect Callum Rowe is not yet ready, will Sparkes play at leftback, something he ruled out previously.

He stated that he intended "to recruit a serious amount of players and players that are of a serious stature and serious standard". In a separate article, it was "difference makers in all areas of the pitch". Sure there is still time to bring in more players, but I have absolutely no confidence that they will be of the stature he promised.

Tonight's forum may prove to be very interesting. I wish that I was able to attend.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
"Guess I expected too much yet again".

You are not alone Banksy, but then we only expected what we were promised. I have backed MT from day one, but am beginning to wonder if my trust in him has been misplaced. There are too many contradictions. Earlier in pre-season he indicated that a new signing with leadership qualities would be captain, now it is MJ. The new left back will not have the legs to play every game, so if as we suspect Callum Rowe is not yet ready, will Sparkes play at leftback, something he ruled out previously.

He stated that he intended "to recruit a serious amount of players and players that are of a serious stature and serious standard". In a separate article, it was "difference makers in all areas of the pitch". Sure there is still time to bring in more players, but I have absolutely no confidence that they will be of the stature he promised.

Tonight's forum may prove to be very interesting. I wish that I was able to attend.
Matt Taylor said that he was happy to play Jack at left wing-back not left back which is where he's played in the pre-season friendlies. It therefore looks like we are going to mostly be playing with 3 at the back but now have two options to play at left back if we want to revert to a 4.

Banksy

But will the audience get straight answers MerleyRed ?