• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Efl TV highlights deal

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hopefully ITV will keep to much the same format as Quest who’ve done a pretty good job with it over the last few years.
I suspect ITV won't be throwing money at the show and will look at doing in a similar vain for production cost's among other things. The days of the BBC having a roaming reporter at games etc. (Like the Ade Edmondson interview) i think are long gone.

I do suspect ITV Have been tempted in by the EFL as this cycle runs with the LIVE cycle now and i do think ITV Will gain some LIVE rights from 2025 onwards

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
It would be good to get live EFL games back on terrestrial, let's hope that ITV aren't as obsessed with FGR and Salford as Sky are

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
It would be good to get live EFL games back on terrestrial, let's hope that ITV aren't as obsessed with FGR and Salford as Sky are
I agree 110%. Although i would imagine if (Big IF) ITV get live matches it will cover the Championship and League cup in a similar vain to BBC's deal around 15 or years ago.

I personally would love to see 15 championship matches, 10 League 1 / 2 matches and one match per round including final from the league cup on ITV. But i could be analyzing in fantasy land but just seems weird as i do not feel ITV Gain much with just having the highlights package and feel something more is down the line.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
On a side note apparently England matches going to channel 4
Viaplay take Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland matches from 2024 from sky sports.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Channel 4 secure England matches to 2024 with 20 matches all fta.

Red Devon

New highlights show to be shown on ITV 4 at 9pm Saturday evenings with two new presenters.

iscalad

Thought the Quest coverage was very, very good, Colin Murray has great enthusiasm, passion and knowledge for lower League football, hopefully ITV will find a place for people like the excellent Ali Maxwell, and George Elek amongst their team.
Seems Colin has lost his job, then. Shame really.

Red Devon

Seems Colin has lost his job, then. Shame really.
Very enthusiastic and passionate about the game he did a great job on Quest.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whilst I dunno if it'll remain especially once motd starts, but 2100 on itv 4, 2315 on itv and Sunday at 0925 are pretty decent coverage slots

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member