• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

EFL Trophy vs Chelsea U21 - build up

Ex-ciderrr

Will be popping along tomorrow evening. Nice to see some of our other players and youth get a run out in a competitive environment, we have done relatively well in this comp in recent years and having done so earned a few bob through it too, with financial reward earned through each win. Hopefully some minutes for Nombe to regain some match sharpness after his spell out, a possible chance to see harry lee in goal too.

looking forward to it! UTC.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Advance ticket sell has been good I heard today(1,000)
The club have been proactive in the pricing for youngsters.£1 for U12 : £4 for U18.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jordan Dyer on the game

Good to see he's gone for my favourite 'lying-down-in bed' position for video calls.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Are we all boycotting starting a new match day thread? :)

GrecianHarry

In Terms of the squad for tonight, here is who I would pick:

Harry Lee in goal - Would be great to see him see him start

Back Three - Grounds, Dyer, Diabate.

Wing Backs - Iseguan on the left, and Ellis Johnson or Edwards on the right.

Midfield - Kite and Dieng/Atangana

Top 3 - James Dodd behind Seymour and Hanson.

Bench:
- Jack Arthur
- Nombe
- Rowe
Then maybe: Pond/Veale/Cox/Eli or Zeph Collins. And maybe a scholar on the bench as well.

Notes:
- Players out on loan are allowed to return. As far as I know none of are players out on loan have any mid week games this week.
- Four 'Qualifying' players are required. Seymour, Grounds, Kite, Atanaga, Dieng all qualify.

Charlie Hanson!
- Hanson might be out on loan at Bideford, but has not played for them in the new season. Also according to the clubs website he signed a contract a day before we played Wycombe in the cup.

GrecianHarry

Bench:
- Jack Arthur
- Nombe
- Rowe
Then maybe: Pond/Veale/Cox/Eli or Zeph Collins. And maybe a scholar on the bench as well.

Notes:
- Players out on loan are allowed to return. As far as I know none of are players out on loan have any mid week games this week.
- Four 'Qualifying' players are required. Seymour, Grounds, Kite, Atanaga, Dieng all qualify.

Charlie Hanson!
- Hanson might be out on loan at Bideford, but has not played for them in the new season. Also according to the clubs website he signed a contract a day before we played Wycombe in the cup.
Just remebered Atanaga is injured, and we will likely rest Dieng. So Pond or Veale could come in with Kite.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Isn't Iseguan injured?

andrew p long

Bench:
- Jack Arthur
- Nombe
- Rowe

Notes:

Charlie Hanson!
Very good thinking. On your ps if both Atangana and Dieng miss out (as I think they should will due to injury/fitness issues) then we need another qualifying player to make up the four

(I think players on loan from a Grade 1 Academy are qualifying players, but don't know that Bristol City are in Grade 1 - if they were, Edwards would be a qualifying player)

andrew p long

the opposition's preview..

Good write up. The squad they have submitted for eligibility purposes for this competition has 41 players in it. Including '44 Ethan Ampadu'.

GrecianHarry

Isn't Iseguan injured?
I think he may be, I would put Rowe in his place.