• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

EFL Trophy 2021/22 (Pizza tournament)

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
You appear to fume a lot fred.

Just saying like
Did you go to Anfield?

Alistair20000

Did you go to Anfield?
Fortunately not.

Would have been fuming.

denzel

Don't know the date of the game but know that our away end will be stacked with Pompey fans & their chimes. Shame it is not a match between 2 Fan Owned clubs.
Surely they wouldn't bring enough to fill up the away end in the pizza cup?
I think it will be on the 30th November

sign of the chimes

You had to mention it. What a long journey there and back from Derby that was. #StillFuming
Sorry. It's one of the few EFL Trophy games I've seen as though I've boycotted attending have felt it pointless not to watch on TV when I've already paid for it. Kudos for making the journey and, though it probably doesn't help, there's no way we should have won it. At least it wasn't your replay at Anfield, eh? ;-)

EDIT: hadn't seen the later replies relating to your fuming or wouldn't have added the final sentence, fbh; thought I'd got there before others.

Last edited:

sign of the chimes

Don't know the date of the game but know that our away end will be stacked with Pompey fans & their chimes. Shame it is not a match between 2 Fan Owned clubs.
I reckon you'll get a few hundred as it's a) not against an U21 side; b) there will be a mixture of diehards and a some of the not inconsiderable number of ex-pats who've moved from this way to the SW.

Avening Posse

Interesting game. Do you think you will play your strongest team sign of the chimes?

sign of the chimes

Interesting game. Do you think you will play your strongest team sign of the chimes?
I doubt it, although we may have to field a stronger side than we'd want, due to a lack of numbers overall.

I mentioned in an earlier post that your squad appears to have depth that ours doesn't this season.

Probably a side including the likes of Alex Bass, Kieron Freeman, Paul Downing, Ellis Harrison, Reeco Hackett and Michael Jacobs along with a few youngsters.

We lost our first two Papa John's games with that sort of line up (5-3 at Wimbledon and 2-0 at home to Sutton).

andrew p long

[QUOTE="sign of the chimes, post: 2039009, member: 13848"
We lost our first two Papa John's games with that sort of line up (5-3 at Wimbledon and 2-0 at home to Sutton).
[/QUOTE]

Yikes! That takes some doing - in a group of four teams, to lose the first two games by an aggregate of four goals, but still qualify?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
With the replay of the replay now being played on Tuesday the 30th when is this going to be played as it's meant to be week of 29th?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just had a thought. As Joey Barton believes our second string is our first string, what about on Tuesday 30th having a double header (subject of course to Chas's agreement). We could have an entre of Pizza, play our second string against Portsmouth say with six o'clock kick off and the main event at 8.00 clock Exeter v Bradford subject of course to penalties in the Pizza match. Potential five hours of entertainment, see the whole squad in action without bringing on a sixth sub. Charge a bit more 'cos it's two matches and you'll still probably make more than if you held the pizza match separately plus buy in a few more pies in view of the amount of time the crowd will be in the ground. Pure Gold

In view of the few that Bradford bought down they could occupy the left hand section of the away end, and Portsmouth who may have more but not that many more bearing in mind the competition could occupy the right hand side.