• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

EFL Green Clubs

Andy_H

I'm surprised no one has picked up on this yet.

So i wonder where ECFC stands out of the 72 EFL Clubs.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm surprised no one has picked up on this yet.

So i wonder where ECFC stands out of the 72 EFL Clubs.
For a start, I'd have thought chucking a load of fibresand on our pitch isn't very eco friendly.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
For a start, I'd have thought chucking a load of fibresand on our pitch isn't very eco friendly.
Why?

dontpassback

I don’t like the colour green !!!!

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The club will be further along the path following the work done over the summer - the new drilling meant that we no longer have to draw water direct from the mains and can reduce our water usage

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
The club will be further along the path following the work done over the summer - the new drilling meant that we no longer have to draw water direct from the mains and can reduce our water usage
It will reduce the amount of water that we take from the mains, but it doesn't necessarily mean that we will reduce the overall amount of water we use. We could well end up being more profligate in our use !

Spoonz Red E

It will reduce the amount of water that we take from the mains, but it doesn't necessarily mean that we will reduce the overall amount of water we use. We could well end up being more profligate in our use !
True enough - but it doesn't have to go through all the treatment stages on the way as mains water does.
If we only consider water application on the pitch then the British weather has us beaten in the profligate stakes. ;)
🌧☔

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
The man-made fibre in the fibre sand.

Oldsmobile-88

I always wonder why the floodlights are used when there is sunlight ?

Red Bill

True enough - but it doesn't have to go through all the treatment stages on the way as mains water does.
If we only consider water application on the pitch then the British weather has us beaten in the profligate stakes. ;)
🌧☔
Beat me to it Spoonz. As you allude to were not exactly short of water in this country. But it's not just the energy used in the treatment of mains water but the energy necessary to build the treatment and delivery infrastructure.