• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

EFL Football suspended until 30 April

Leads

Stevenage don't seem to be the most popular club on here, but this is a good effort: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51908453

Andy Holloway

That's not most of the country
You'd be surprised just how far the HS2 contracts stretch.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
HS2 Just seems so unimportant right now like so many other things
I cling to the hope that, among all the negative things going on at present, there may come the realisation that HS2 is principally a gravy train and that £100Bn plus can be spent elsewhere to better effect.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I understand that Indo is a brilliant linguist and speaks fluent German Pate.
Ah, but is he additionally "Cunning" too !

burtiew

I would assume that if all remaining games were called off (which is likely), each team would receive 1pt for each game cancelled (as in most competitions now) ... therefore we would lose out on 'goal difference'!!!!! Discuss ...

IndoMike

I cling to the hope that, among all the negative things going on at present, there may come the realisation that HS2 is principally a gravy train and that £100Bn plus can be spent elsewhere to better effect.
And Johnson"s bridge
But please stick to the topic...🙄

IndoMike

I would assume that if all remaining games were called off (which is likely), each team would receive 1pt for each game cancelled (as in most competitions now) ... therefore we would lose out on 'goal difference'!!!!! Discuss ...
The logical thing would be to calculate the average points per game so far per team multiplied by 46. City would not be in the Autos.

PeteUSA

Nothing to discuss: Not a chance. There are monumental complexities in what the football authorities are dealing with: I've an awful feeling this virus will carry on so long that there will be no more time for competitive football to be played again this season, what with players being out of contract etc. I think the league tables will remain as they are and that this season will be a wash-out. No promotion, no relegation, thats it. Tough on Liverpool, with their points tally so far, but thems the breaks. Klopp seems to be fully accepting in whatever happens, which is commendable.

Red Devon

Apparently what’s going to happen with domestic league’s will be brought up at today’s UEFA meeting.

IndoMike

Apparently what’s going to happen with domestic league’s will be brought up at today’s UEFA meeting.
They need contingency plans for all clears /restarting in June, July, August, September or later.